Vecon?

Pink_Peony

Hiya,
In one of the soup recipes it says to add Vecon. Does anyone know what this is and where I can get it from please? Is Vecon short for something else? Thank you :D xx

It's a vegetable stock that's syn free (others aren't). It's available from health food shops (I get mine in Holland & Barrat). Looks like this!
600210b.jpg

It's also available from a lot of places online.

Last edited:
Ignore me, have just checked the soup recipe and the vecon wasn't for that, lol :D I remember seeing it in something that I want to make though so if anyone can shine any light on it please I would be really grateful :p xx

It's a vegetable stock that's syn free (others aren't). It's available from health food shops (I get mine in Holland & Barrat). Looks like this!
600210b.jpg

It's also available from a lot of places online.

Oooh we cross posted I think Hellie! Thank you :D I shall have a look in my local health food shop for it. Was there meant to be a pic in your link? xx

There is a pic in the link! Well, on my screen anyway... lol

If you can't see it, a quick google will find it for you. I heart google images!

I have never come across Vecon, so I just use the jar Bovril...whether its chicken or the beef one they are both free on both days.

I had a jar in the cupborad for years, only used it once chucked it out eventually...YUK!!!

Vegetable stock post are only 2 syns & they are really nice. Well worth the 2 syns!

I'm veggie,so I've no idea what 'real' stock tastes like anyway! lol
I get my Vecon from my local independant health food shop. I also get my passata from there, as it's the only brand I can find without salt or citric acid added to it.

Back