Extra Easy Veg problem :-/ Advice Pls x

Sharlet

Hi all. Ever since having my baby I just can't stomach eating veg! The thought of it just gives me an urging feeling in the back of my throat. The times where I have forced myself to eat it I've had to concentrate on holding it down.
Is there a way I could get to like it again or just cook it a different way or even cover it with some sort of sauce.
I'm on the EE plan and I know veg is so important. So any ideas would be great!
Thanks x

lost 12.5lbs in 5 weeks got 16lbs to go!

Did this start during pregnancy, is it a relic of morning sickness?

If not I would have a word with your GP about therapy....sorry that sounded rude but I mean it kindly :)

Try popping into recipes like stews etc. grate carrots, use your food processor and chop everything in there.
HTH

I hate most veg (non-baby related, just always have), so EE was never gonna work for me as I couldn't do 1/3rd superfree. Instead, I stick with green/red, and try to work in the veg I do like and also fruit, but know that I'm still ok if I can't.
good luck :)

It started after I gave birth. I had no morning sickness. Stews a good idea thanks
Not sure how a doc could help tho x

While I was pg with number 2 I suddenly went from hating steak to wanting it constantly. I went to have it the other day (Dd is now 18 months) and it made me heave!!

Anyway, as far as veg goes they say if you try something 10 times you get used to it so just keep at it!
Also, I find grating veg or chopping it up really small works wonders with my veg hating DS and DH.

Have you tried roasted med veg? 'normal' veg like cauli and broccoli can be harder to stomach than peppers, onions, courgettes etc roasted until they start to blacken?

Thing about veg is that they are all so very different. It is akin to saying you don't like the look of dogs. They are all so different too.

Is there any veg that you dislike less than the others. Could you start with the least offensive and build upon that?

It would be such a pity to give up veg, especially as you now have a baby to teach healthy eating to. As Lisaberry suggests, if you keep trying you may get your taste for it back. Good luck.

What about soup? You can cook up loads of different veg in soup & add other herbs & spices. Butternut squash is soup is to die for!
Or maybe try something different - when I take my son to the supermarket I let him choose a veg we've never tried before.

I would suggest just have some fruit alongside your meal (just before/after as a dessert?) so that you have some superfree food and maybe once or twice i week try to cook a piece of veg (whichever seems least repulsive at the time) and use some spices to cover up the flavour to stay 'free' or use a few syns for a favourite sauce

hope this helps x

I like that idea of having the fruit. The roasted idea and soup! I'll defiantly be trying that. I like carrots raw, but not cooked. Suede used to be my favourite but I cant do that either now.
Can I get away with not eating cauliflower and broccoli green beans too, I think there the worst?

What about soup? You can cook up loads of different veg in soup & add other herbs & spices. Butternut squash is soup is to die for!
Or maybe try something different - when I take my son to the supermarket I let him choose a veg we've never tried before.

I think that is a brilliant idea. So many children these days do not seem to know what a vegetable looks like! Good for you.

Back