Veg/Salad Allowance

Hello,

I just want to see, whether I should start using the veg/salad allowance.

Who uses the veg/salad allowance ?

How does it effect your weight loss ?

Also, what veg/salad do you use ?

How often do you have the veg/salad allowance ?

Thanks

Hey I have just this week added a handful of broccoli (and a few slices of cucumber yesterday). I lost 3lbs at end of the week so don't feel made a big difference!

I didn't have it at all in the first 6 weeks and I had 3 pretty slow weeks then. When I took a break and started back I used the salad and veg allowance. Had 3 good weeks and then a couple of slow ones so I cut it out again and my losses improved. I have a feeling that it's me though rather than anything to do with the veg. I now have it about 3 - 4 times a week but since the weather got cold it's cooked veggies, not salad. I only have 3 packs per day so the veg doesn't add very many calories to be honest.

i have mine every night with my spag bol
the whole 200g comes to about 40 calories and i dont think it effects losses at all

I have baby spinach leaves and rocket .....about 80g
Then i have 120g of mushrooms , yellow pepper,celery cucumber

all raw by the way

It is quite a plateful , I pour my spag bol over the top and I feel like Ive really had a meal afterwards and its probably more veg than i was eating before so im glad of the vitamins and minerals

possibly , im thinking swede is quit heavy though so you wouldnt get many
i tend to go for the lighter veg like spinach leaves and mushrooms
how would you cook them though?

I roast the peppers, mushroom, shallots - just chop them, put them in a roasting dish, cover with foil and pop in oven. No oil added and they come out ok. Maybe swede would work out the same? I don't particularly like it so never tried it. I guess you could cover them initially until they cook and then brown them off at the last minute so they don't burn / go dry?

Back