Vegan anyone?

How do i thank people for their posts? Can't find it in the FAQs.

I could be wrong, but I think you need to have a certain number of posts before that feature is available.

I could be wrong, but I think you need to have a certain number of posts before that feature is available.

really? how annoying - I bet the majority of folk get the main help they need in the early days and they can't thank people for it - daft? :(

Does anyone have the book with all the syn values in it - I forget what it is called now. I am wondering if it is worth buying - it won't be if the values I am looking for in vegan items are not listed. I tried the soya cream and the soya yogurt in the online search but neither appeared so I measured by the nutrition values on the packs.

You could post on the Syn Values forum and we could have a look for you - they might've come up before, even if they're not available online.

How do i thank people for their posts? Can't find it in the FAQs.

You need 50 posts to enable the other features eg being able to thank for post, the PM syystem and adding signatures/ avatars and stuff.
( play all the games in the chit chat area, that'll boost your post count to get to 50 quick)

so can I just swap out vegan sausages and bacon for the animal sausages and bacon or do I have to count them as syns?

Most veggie/vegan sausages etc have a syn value, but I understand Fry's vegetarian traditional sausages are free, though I've not tried them yet.

so can I just swap out vegan sausages and bacon for the animal sausages and bacon or do I have to count them as syns?

Yeah, unfortunately most vegan subs have to be synned. I use vegan cheese as a healthy extra though and have had no problems.

Fry's are usually low syn and their traditional sausages syn free. They look a bit funky but taste good. Linda sausages are 2 syns each if I remember correctly. I struggle to eat all my syns as it is though and find it quite good to be able to incorporate them into my meals :)

Thought I would re bump this thread as a new vegan :) if anybody happens to have a syn list of frys products that would be amazing. They are not listed online and im struggling with the calculator a bit.

I've lost my way recently, after hitting target over a year ago, so any support and encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I think it's time to look at some vegan/veggie food diaries for inspiration!

Hiya I have a diary too (link at the bottom of sig) Id recommend vegan4life diary too :)

I know but its a 340g bottle and the kcal are only listed per 100g so I have no idea what a serving would be? I was going to base it on that rule til I looked at the bottle :(

Back