Kawaii_Vegan_Ness

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this site for a few years now, while i dipped my toes into the World of Slimming.

I've been on slimming world for 12 weeks now, and just bought my next 12 week count down! Christmas here i come!
I've been on a journey since the beginning of the year, to lose weight and gain my confidence back. I turn 30 in January and that is my ultimate goal to be super happy with myself.
Been having a few weeks of up and down, and i know full well its because I've been cheating.

So here i am this week, fully back in the game, doing a few days SP to kick start myself in the right mind frame.

Thought i'd finally sign up, so i can reply to some of the things I've been lurking on!

Hit me up if you have any queries on being vegan on Slimming World.

Hi I'm vegan and have my first slimming world meeting tonight :)

Hi bubbles, welcome. I'd be really interested to know what sort of foods you eat. In don't really like meat or fish and dairy is bad for me, though I sometimes eat cottage cheese. I do eat eggs, we have our own free range hens and ducks so eat or cook what they lay. It will be interesting to see a SW approach to vegan. Best of luck for tonight

I haven't found a vegetarian or vegan sausage yet that I like. Let me know what you think of them.

I must look for some, we don't have a huge choice. Only one pkaij Linda mc cartney or else Cauldron which taste like damp cardboard. Do Quorn do a sausage?

Hi everyone. I have been vegan for 13 years and lost 52 pounds with weight watchers. I tried slimming world but just found it too restrictive. I don't want to put anyone off. But whatever diet you follow as a vegan I think you have to 'veganize' it. So it probably is more than possible on SW. I am so proud of myself, I have gone from 11 stone 12 pounds to 8 stone 2 pounds. I have gone from a size 18 to an 8/10 and most importantly from Tramadol and steroids in my knees for my rhematoid arthritis to no medication and walking at least a couple of miles every day. I will have been at goal for a year in January. Sorry I'm done showing off. Weight watchers or Slimming World just make it work for you. Good luck and if you slip up don't give up xx

Hi I'm vegan and have my first slimming world meeting tonight :)

Hi Bubble,
Sorry for the late reply, i hadn't realised anyone had replied to me!
I just saw your food diary! Inspired me to get one started on here!
You look to be doing amazingly well!

I love all of them - the Linda McCartney Chorizo and Red Pepper ones are probably my favourite - (but only the Rosemary and Onion ones are free ;))
Have to agree, the red pepper ones are amazing! They're only half a syn a sausage and totally worth it!
i've started doing a big freezer shop with ocado every few months for the Linda stuff and the Frys brand are also really good!
Give them a try, let me know what you think

Hi everyone. I have been vegan for 13 years and lost 52 pounds with weight watchers. I tried slimming world but just found it too restrictive. I don't want to put anyone off. But whatever diet you follow as a vegan I think you have to 'veganize' it. So it probably is more than possible on SW. I am so proud of myself, I have gone from 11 stone 12 pounds to 8 stone 2 pounds. I have gone from a size 18 to an 8/10 and most importantly from Tramadol and steroids in my knees for my rhematoid arthritis to no medication and walking at least a couple of miles every day. I will have been at goal for a year in January. Sorry I'm done showing off. Weight watchers or Slimming World just make it work for you. Good luck and if you slip up don't give up xx

Thanks for the insight, I've never done weight watchers, i used to work with a lady who did it, and her portions were always tiny, and she often had the meal replacements, which i don't agree with, plus probably wouldn't be vegan, not sure. but i'm super glad its worked for you!! Well done!!

I've just joined and I'm vegan too, also thinking of joining SW as it seems to be the most successful and easiest for vegans!

I think it is, seen as 90% of the free list if vegan, and the speed food is all vegan, its a good way to go!
How are you getting on?

We only have one variety of Linda mc cartney sausages here, not fair

Back