Hey I actually just set up an account today, I'm joining SW in January & am vegan. How are you finding it? Any tips from the vegan side?

Loads of low syn vegan food in the freezers. Your app will show you the syns. Mini bags of skittles are only 3.5syns. My FAVE treat!!
I tend to do a big pot of food on a weekend and batch it out ready for the week ahead and a few for the freezer.

Loads of low syn vegan food in the freezers. Your app will show you the syns. Mini bags of skittles are only 3.5syns. My FAVE treat!!
I tend to do a big pot of food on a weekend and batch it out ready for the week ahead and a few for the freezer.

Thanks for that! Doing a meal prep list as we speak! Can't beat skittles :)

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this site for a few years now, while i dipped my toes into the World of Slimming.

I've been on slimming world for 12 weeks now, and just bought my next 12 week count down! Christmas here i come!
I've been on a journey since the beginning of the year, to lose weight and gain my confidence back. I turn 30 in January and that is my ultimate goal to be super happy with myself.
Been having a few weeks of up and down, and i know full well its because I've been cheating.

So here i am this week, fully back in the game, doing a few days SP to kick start myself in the right mind frame.

Thought i'd finally sign up, so i can reply to some of the things I've been lurking on!

Hit me up if you have any queries on being vegan on Slimming World.

Hello,

I just thought I'd introduce myself to you I'm vegan too and doing the Slimming World diet - I didn't think there were many of us out there lol. They seem to have a lot of vegan foods on their database which is good. I do think some people are rather surprised that you can get over weight vegans when in theory it's such a healthy diet but there are so many things with high fat content and so many carbs that you can stuff your face on and still become obese so here we are!!
I look forward to any advice you can give.

Thanks,
Catherine

Hey Catherine!

Yep easy to still be carrying weights as a vegan! Hello oreos and accidentally vegan doughnuts!!

Welcome to the journey!

Hello lovelies!

So its been just over a week since i hit my 30's!

I've been 100% back on plan since Monday, I've put on about 4lbs since the beginning of the year, but hoping to get that off and hit my goal!

I've gone back to basics, 100%
Even made my boyfriend what i would call i super boring totally on plan meal on Monday evening, he enjoyed it but it was nothing exciting.

I can't be doing SP days at the minute until my head is fully back in the game.

I've signed up for another (and hopefully my last) 12 week count down.
by the 23rd of April i want to be at my goal of 11stone.

Hope you've all had an awesome January! Holla at me with any tips you have.

Nessa

Sunday:

So I have bought myself a new toy!!

A PRESSURE COOKER!!

I've wanted one for so long so i can buy dried beans instead of canned and save some money....
It came last night and I've got a big shop coming on Sunday, so i'm planning to make a Katsu Curry Sauce, with some sticky rice and possibly the new Ocado vegan nuggets.

Katsu sauce is so easy to make, I'm just going to figure out the Syns:

CURRY SAUCE - Feeds 4 - Total Syns - 3.5syns - less than 1 syn a portion
  • 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil - I won't use this as i don't cook with oil, but could use Frylight
  • 1 large onion (I used red), finely diced - speed
  • 5 garlic cloves, finely diced - speed
  • 3 tsp ginger, finely grated - speed
  • 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced - speed
  • ½ Granny Smith (sour) apple, peeled and diced - speed
  • 1 heaped tbsp white miso paste (in 1 cup of warm water) - 1.5 syns
  • 4 tsp curry powder (I used hot madras curry powder) - Free
  • 1 tsp garam masala - Free
  • 4 tsp tamari or soy sauce - Free
  • 2 tsp rice vinegar - Free
  • 2 tsp mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine) or agave syrup, to taste - 2syns for Mirin, 2syns for agave syrup
I have made this before and people who have tried it said it tastes just like what they would have out at a restaurant.

Lets hope i can have my first on plan weekend in a long time!!

Sauce sounds good. I have two pressure cookers, a big one and small one. Soup made in 10 minutes, stews made in 25 minutes and a great pasta and sauce cooked all together in 10 minutes. Yep, its great for beans and lentils.

Sauce sounds good. I have two pressure cookers, a big one and small one. Soup made in 10 minutes, stews made in 25 minutes and a great pasta and sauce cooked all together in 10 minutes. Yep, its great for beans and lentils.

Awesome! Super excited to give it a go!

Last time i cooked a load of beans, took me forever, but i froze them in small batches in the freezer (still in some of the water), this week, I've made rice everyday for dinner and some extra for lunchs and added a batch of beans to it, been loving it, so can't wait to bulk cook some beans and throw them in the freezer for an easy protein hit!

Monday weigh in:

I LOST 5.5lbs!!!

A full week back to basics really helped me get my head back in the game. I had my first weekend fully on plan for the first time in ages! and i didn't even go to the gym last week (fresh tattoo so i couldn't go, also work was mental so didn't have the willpower to go, wanted to focus on food)

Since Monday i've been really focused too despite having a migraine for most of the week, i've been on plan!!

i'm now back at my lowest weight, we shall see if i get another good loss on Monday, i'm hoping 2lbs.

then i'll be 4 or 5 lbs away from my stone and a half award!

i'll be weighing in this Monday coming, then a few Wednesdays as i'm looking after a friends cat, so will need to go to group near her house.

Lets hope i can stick fully to plan this weekend too!

There's a wedding on the horizon and a birthday weekend away....

So.....I've messed up!
BIG style!!

It was all going so well......until i devoured a tub of Ben & Jerry's (vegan obvs) a Nandos, a whole big bar of Bournville (i was supposed to be eating it square by square (1syn each!) a tub of houmous and a tube of pringles....ohh and a packet of cookies, and some bourbons, i threw half the packet away so i didn't eat the rest, so wasteful i know!!!

I do not know why i binge like this, but this is exactly where my weight comes from. I tend to eat well, most of the time, but these binges take me over the edge..... then i find it hard to stop....

Today is the start of a brand new day. i AM TIRED!! like seriously tired, not sure why i think i slept ok. But i am going to stick to plan. Basics, free foods, fruit and some bournville.....not the whole packet this time!

I'm so frustrated with myself! I was thinking this morning that if i could have 1 month without bingeing, i would be at target.

This year sees me at a lot of weddings, and i do not want to be captured on people's pictures forever how i currently look. Yes, i am so so proud of the weight I've lost so far, and i am so much happier....but not happy enough.

Hey! Stopping in to say I’m a vege/ almost vegan so eat a lot of vegan meals. It can’t be tough to lose weight I find because you have to rely on carbs to fill you up!

I too binge badly :( I know how frustrating it can be!! Do you allow yourself a treat day? I know if I have a day where I can have whatever I want within reason then it gives me something to look forward too. Plus by the time the day gets there I’ll have changed my mind as to what I want a few times 😅
Nachos are my downfall!!!

Hey! Stopping in to say I’m a vege/ almost vegan so eat a lot of vegan meals. It can’t be tough to lose weight I find because you have to rely on carbs to fill you up!

I too binge badly :( I know how frustrating it can be!! Do you allow yourself a treat day? I know if I have a day where I can have whatever I want within reason then it gives me something to look forward too. Plus by the time the day gets there I’ll have changed my mind as to what I want a few times 😅
Nachos are my downfall!!!

Hey! I've tried a cheat day in the past, but once i treat myself i cannot stop!
I've allowed myself a few days of eating what ever, i now feel super full, bloated and crappy, so hopefully this will make me want to get back to eating well!!

We'll get there!!

We WILL get there
I've had a binge week, carbs, cheese and wine but decided today was the start of a spring clean. Strangely I woke up this morning with a great positive attitude.

We WILL get there
I've had a binge week, carbs, cheese and wine but decided today was the start of a spring clean. Strangely I woke up this morning with a great positive attitude.

That's great!! Hope the positive attitude has continued!!

So my binge continued!

and it continued hard!!

I cannot even start to write down the amount of food i have consumed, breakfast, lunch, on plan, everything else i ate, WAY off plan!!

I went to weigh in last night after missing a week and its BAD!!

6.5lbs on!!

I was bloated as hell so i'm hoping it not really 6.5lbs....

Going away this weekend with the girls....but i will be good where i can be!

Then when i get back on Monday, its back to it, no messing.

We've got weddings to go to!!

Its hard, very hard at rimes. You can only hope to.have more good days than bad

Back