vegegel question please

Toothfairy

Hi All Just a quick question, i am back doing ss after losing 3 stone last year and keeping it off. Now back on ss for the next 4 and half stone. I read about making jelly with water, water flavour and mix amousse but i have used vegegel instead of mix a mousse as i think that is normal animal gelatine. Am i actually allowed to have vegegel?? dont want to do any harm to diet but the jelly is really helping. I have it when hubby and son have their muffins. Thanks for any repliesx:)

Hi dancing i dont know what the carb and calorie count is as it is not on box. i cant find it on web either or in my calorie bible!! the ingredients are as follows: dextrose, gelling agent, carageenan, locust bean gum, acidity regulator, calcium acetate, potassium chloride. It is suitable for vegetarians and makes lovely jelly, you have to prepare slightly different, it comes in sachets 4 to a pack and you put one sachet in cold water about 500mls, add flavour then put in pan and bring to boil once boiled put in bowl or jug let cool then put in fridge once set eat!! I get it from morrisons.

Hi dancing thanks for reply, yes was bit wary of the dextrose but i have had some and didnt come out of ketosis but perhaps should be careful. What is the agar flakes and where would i get those if zero cals and zero carbs??

Usually these things have a contact number on so you can get info on the content. Is there not anything like that on it?

Emailed supercook who make the product but not had reply re calories and carb in vegegel but no reply. So will have to wait as i have 4 boxes of the stuff to usex

I got reply from supercook each sachet has 16 calories and 4g carb not sure if this is ok or not a sachet makes about 600ml of jelly so i only use half one day then half next so far not come out of ketosis it think that is the main concern as calories hardly anything!!

from the supercook contact team themselves thought I would like to know too

Please see below the nutritional values for vege gel sorry for the delay.

Nutritional Data
Method:
Typical figures per 100 g
Energy kJ 803
kcal 181
Protein (N2 x 6.25) 0.5
Carbohydrate 45.6
of which Sugars 45.6
Polyols
Starch
Fat 0
of which Saturated Fatty Acids