Vegetable lasagne

g_2012

Silver Member
Hi all,

i am off out for a meal tonight and have just looked at the menu in advance. I quite fancy the vegetable lasagne, described as

Vegetable Lasagne
Mixed vegetables layered with oven baked pasta, topped with melted cheese and served with crisp salad and garlic ciabatta.

i was planning on asking for just salad but wasn't sure how many syns would be in the lasagne. I do green days so can save my HEs for the cheese so think the only syns will be for any oil used in the making of it?

I can choose something else with an additional side salad such as

Mini Mezze
Cubed feta cheese, olives, houmous, vegetable crudités, pitta bread and a sweet chilli dip.

Then give away the olives and dip and use my HEs for the houmous, feta and pitta.

What does everyone think would be best? I don't want to flexi syn it as I want a good loss this week :)

Thank you

Personally I'd avoid lasagne as its not just a bit of cheese and oil - it'll be loads of cheese, milk, butter and flour in the white sauce alone. A pasta in a tomato sauce is always a good choice if they have one of those. Whenever I eat out I look for a grill option and had grilled fish or chicken with a jacket potato on the side and loads of salad. Hope that's a little helpful!!
X

Also, mezze can be risky as quite often there is tonnes of olive oil coating all the different bits. Sorry!!!
X

Thanks Lisa. There is a pasta dish but it does say finished with cream...

Penne Picante
Pasta tubes in a tomato & spicy basil sauce with chillies, finished with cream,topped with parmesan shavings and served with garlic ciabatta.

I am vegetarian and there are no jacket potato options on the menu. The other veggie dish is a burger but I know that's bad.

Perhaps it might be worth giving them a ring. I often find places are pretty nice about adapting things a little for me. You could ask them to leave out the cream, for example. I think that eating out is the only major issue for me with slimming world, it's so hard!
X

I would go for the pasta and ask them to leave out the cream. It would have to be cooked fresh so it shouldn't be a problem.

Did they alter something for you?

X

The venue got changed last minute to a local carvery which was brilliant news for me ;) I had loads of veg and roast butternut squash so managed to stick to plan 100%, very happy!

no other meals out planned for a while which I'm happy about. Off out for lunch one day next week but they do jacket potatoes and salads so that's not a problem.

thank you very much for your help and advice everyone :)

Aah well done you!
X

Hiya. In the sw bible (what I call it) it says veg lasagne in restaurants is only 7.5 syns! Hope you ended up getting something nice but at least you know you can get a nice lasagne next time! :D

Back