Vegetables on SS+

Emma1904

Working on it
Think I may be eating to much veg and salad on SS+. how's much do other people have? Do you do it in grams or anything?

I found little 80g packs of broccoli in M&S but I think that's too much! Do people have just one floret or two????

Argggggh I don't know what to do!!! Help! Have only just got my head back into CD and don't want to ruin it!

Xxxx

Ooo and celeriac! Anybody know how much of that I can have!? X

SS + options - updated 11.5.11
The current guidelines for Step 1 Sole Source Plus per day are:

Option A:

Four (4) Cambridge Weight Plan products PLUS 200 mls skimmed milk (this is the same regardless of height or gender)

OR

Option B:

Three (3) Cambridge Weight Plan products PLUS one Sole Source Plus meal including one portion of protein and two (15ml/15g tablespoons of any cooked or raw vegetables chosen from the lists below:

PROTEIN (choose one of the following cooked in a healthy way)

170 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
230 g Cod haddock or other white fish
250 g Steamed Tofu
200 g Quorn eg mince, pieces
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
230 g Prawns
225 g Cottage cheese, plain, reduced fat (less than 2% fat)
2 large eggs

(All uncooked weights)

VEGETABLES/SALADS (cooked or raw)

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Watercress
Chinese cabbage
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves (inc. lettuce, lamb's lettuce, radicchio, little gem, rocket and romaine)

You can add herbs and spices such as curry or chilli powder, coriander, pepper, chives and parsley, but don't add any salt to your SS+ meal.

a new updated foods list

Thanks hun, I'm just a bit confused about getting the right amount if veg, it's a bit difficult to measure out! X

I eat far more veg than they state in the book. My CDC said to buy smaller plates (a large side plate would do) and have your protein then fill the rest of the plate with veg if you want. To be fair, it's only veg and its not going to make much of a difference at all.

Back