Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Extra Easy Vegetables? Yuk!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kerry b, 7 March 2010 Social URL.

1. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I know this is a dreadful thing for a grown adult (and mother/nanny) to say but I absolutely hate vegetables! I will eat raw carrot and salad veg and at a push peas and carrot if it's chopped really small or grated. I can only chop/grate so much carrot & it is too cold for salads so I am not getting my 1/3 superfree at every meal. Is it ok to have just fruit for the 1/3 with the odd bit of veg thrown into soup casseroles pasta sauce or is that a no-no? I have lost 13lbs in 8 weeks so it doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss (so far). I have tried eating more veg but in the end I tend to just pick around the veg or put my meal in the bin:sigh:. Help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anything is ok but it would mean that you are not following the plan 100%. If it is working for you then carry on or switch to red or green days where you don't need 1/3 veg with your meals

4. Bindibop

Bindibop New Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont eat veggies either so what I tend to do is make up a batch of soup with carrots, broccoli, tin of cannelini beans, onion, tin of chopped tomatoes, peas, celery, parsnip (any veg really) and stock and then blend it all up - I have no problems eating daily veg like this! - If I was to serve all that veg onto a plate with a meal, I wouldnt touch it with a bargepole!

5. lupuscow

lupuscow Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    I sometimes struggle with this too, i have been using fruit instead of veg and it seems to be working. For example for breakfast today i had spaghetti hoops with bacon and a fried egg, it wouldn't have been very nice with a pile of carrots and peas etc. So before i had my breakfast i had a banana and a pear, when i cooked my breakfast i left 1/3 of my plate empty. this is how i compensate. Veg just doesn't work with every meal. Also if you put veg into a casserole or soup etc, as long as the veg is 1/3 of the ingredients you don't need to have 1/3 of your plate covered with extra veg aswell. hope that helps.

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't get enough vegetables! I never used to eat them when I was a child, and my mother used to despair of me, but when I realised how they ought to be cooked (sorry, Mum, you were a wonderful mother but a dreadful cook!) then I started to like them.

I have a January King cabbage which I am going to shred and steam tomorrow and have with rice. I had some chicken with butternut squash and leeks cooked in the slow cooker yesterday. I have some fennel and button mushrooms which I am going to slice finely and have with the buttermilk dressing from the new SW book, with some hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes. I have just noticed an aubergine lurking in the vegetable basket - I am sure I had a reason for buying that! Oh yes, stuffed peppers with rice, aubergine, tomato and cheese.

The possibilities are endless.

7. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i'm the same hun don't like veg but i have slowly been adding veg into my meals and sometimes i find i like them.
    the other day i had stir fry and i had to force each mouthful into my mouth i like it but its cause i knew it was veg and i was expecting not to like it.
    i eat salad in this weather and lots of fruit

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.