Original Vegetarian Diet

Another veggie on green here too :)

And another veggie on green. Loving the plan...Hope you're getting on well. Good luck!

I've been going sw for 6 months. Lost 7 lbs so far. I stick to it but I'm finding it very slow. Sticking to it every week isn't giving me consistent weight loss results. I can put on weight when I've followed the same food diary where I've lost, hence the low number for the 6 months. Was looking for any green day/veggie tips which you may have come across yourselves or at your group?

Im veggie to but just started back on it and am not feeling too confident anyway. Maybe trying some red days mixed in if you do all green will help.

I am not a vegetarian but enjoy Green days the most and lose weight successfully on green. So far 65 lbs and that is mostly green.

Remember that even free foods if eaten in excess will hamper weight loss.

Why don't you post a typical days food here and those who more clever than me can help you.

I'm a veggie too & have only done green days. I love the fact that i don't have to weigh potatoes, pasta & starchy fruit/veg with sw. When i did ww i didn't eat so much fruit or starchy veg because i'd have to point it...now i eat so much more fruit/veg & love it!

Also i really love green days because i get to eat cheese! I have cereal & milk in the morning & still have 2 more healthy extras! I love cheese- i think i might have fallen off the wagon if i couldn't have my cheese :D

If you're struggling why don't you let us know what a typical days food - like fillymum suggested :)

Just agreeing with what the others said - i lost just about all the weight on green as I turned to vegetarian not long after I started SW

I really think the superfree foods are key - all my meals are built around them rather than the free foods

And variety is hugely important - there is a long list of free foods on green so do not rely on pasta\potatoes\rice alone

Please post your diary because I really think you must be going wrong somewhere to only lose that much in 6 months. That is assuming your target weight loss is reasonable

Dont give up - we are all here to support you and want to see you succeed

:grouphugg:

i'm veggie too. i always do green days and keep a record of what i eat in my diary at the top of the forum. have look at some of the veggie's diaries on here - it may give you an idea of what we all eat.

you may be eating too little or too much so perhaps post your food diary on here for some advice.

I am pescetarian and had slow losses on Green so I switched to a few Red Days too and they tended to speed up my losses. I then did WW for a few weeks and realised it was my carb intake which was slowing my losses.

Try using Butternut Squash instead of potatoes and having stirfries with no egg noodles for a little while.

Feel free to check out my diaries on the link below, they may give you some ideas.

Try starting a food diary and note everything down you have, then you might get a better idea seeing it all written down, plus you'll get lots of tips from members too. There's a food diary section for Slimming World members HERE, just have to start your own thread.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I felt like I was eating too much pasta, rice and potatoes. I had to cut them down as I was feeling way too clogged up. I will post what I eat for advice. What do you all use your syns for? Will definitely check the offers of looking at food diaries. And thanks for the tip of using butternut squash instead of potatoes - I love butternut squash so will try as an alternative.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I felt like I was eating too much pasta, rice and potatoes. I had to cut them down as I was feeling way too clogged up. I will post what I eat for advice. What do you all use your syns for? Will definitely check the offers of looking at food diaries. And thanks for the tip of using butternut squash instead of potatoes - I love butternut squash so will try as an alternative.

BNS are really nice roasted, mashed and you can make "chips" out of them too. Another one is parsnip chips which are nice with a Quorn Burger!

Good luck!

Back