Vegetarian friendly yogurts

LisaC

Gold Member
Ive just been told (thank you Jane) that the mullerlight smooth yogurts are not for vegetarians, I eat them everyday & had no idea!

Can anyone recommend any fat free yogurts that are just as nice & also smooth (as I don't like the fruity lumps)??

I am sure the new Asda Virtually Fat Free yoghurts (similar shape carton to Muller) are alright for vegetarians, I'm sure they were recommended in an enquiry not long ago - and they are 3 for a £1 at Asda at the moment, the pineapple one is gorgeous, hope this helps you. X

Lovely thanks Donnie, Ill try to get some. Im pretty miffed that for 5 months Ive been eating something with gelatine in :eek:

Yes the Asda fat free are free on plan and nice. I am veggie and the number of things that are not veggie friendly is unbeliveable. Laughing cow cheese triangles are not and same with options.

Hi Lisa. Thought I'd reply here rather than PM you.

Yep the mullers have gelatine in them. As an alternative you can have Danone Activia Fat Free ones, all except the stawbery flavour which has cochineal colouring. Also the Shape Feel Fuller for Longer ones but again, not the strawberry.

I must admit it frustrates me that in this day and age, when there are veggie friendly alternatives, Muller still feel the need to use gelatine!

Yep the mullers have gelatine in them. As an alternative you can have Danone Activia Fat Free ones, all except the stawbery flavour which has cochineal colouring. Also the Shape Feel Fuller for Longer ones but again, not the strawberry.

I must admit it frustrates me that in this day and age, when there are veggie friendly alternatives, Muller still feel the need to use gelatine!

I did email them actually & they said they are trying to find an alternative to gelatin...all the ones without it in have syn values & I really need fat free so they free on SW. I wish I knew this before buying 16 mullers yesterday! :eek:

I use the activa fat free (not strawberry) and they are my favourite. Give the cherry and peach one's a try they are really really nice and were 2 packs of 4 for £3 in ASDA.

Hi Lisa, how are you finding SW as a vegetarian? What sort of things do you eat? I'm still toying with the idea (strongly leaning towards!:D) of doing SW and I'm vegetarian too.

Janey xx

Hi Janey!

SW is ideal for vegetarians because you can have unlimited amounts of all the things that make up a healthy veggie diet - grains like cous cous and quinoa, pasta, all types of rice, pulses, all fruit and vegetables, most fat free dairy products and if you want meat substitutes, tofu and many quorn products.

On top of that you have your healthy extra - 2 'A' choices of milk and cheese and 2 'B' choices for things like bread, cereal, cereal bars, dried fruit etc. And then you also have your daily syn allowance of between 5 and 15 to 'spend' on whatever takes your fancy. I eat more on the plan than I ever did before and consistently lost weight to reach target in 11 months.

To be honest it's a vegetarian's dream! I can't praise it high enough!

:eek: I did not know that!!! So what do you use instead, if anything?

I use darylea light or normal triangles (2) and highlights instead of options.

I have been veggie for 15 years so now fairly clued up but LC triangles got me

Hi Lisa, how are you finding SW as a vegetarian? What sort of things do you eat? I'm still toying with the idea (strongly leaning towards!:D) of doing SW and I'm vegetarian too.

Janey xx

Hi Janey,
As Circes said its brill for vegetarians! I eat lots of pasta, rice, couscous & so much veg. I didnt eat much protein before SW & now eat so much quorn so I must be much healthier.

Im never hungry as there's so much choice for me. To be honest Ive never looked into red days as I don't need to but I feel that green is brillaint as there's such a choice & its all nice food :)

Back