Vegetarian meal ideas for step 2 (810cal)

grumbletumble

Silver Member
Can anyone help me with some ideas for veggie 810cal meals? I'm so used to using carbs (potatoes, pasta etc on the slimming world diet)

Thank you :)

If you like quorn a lot of the ideas people have for chicken would work for that too.

You can always make a chili type thing with quorn mince, spices, green pepper and spring onion.

Another idea is using the type of spices that are used in fajitas with the chicken type quorn.

Or paprika seasoning on quorn with salad and some cottage cheese?

Half a green pepper stuffed with cottage cheese and chives and grilled for a few mins (the same could be done with a big stuffed mushroom).

Just have a play around and you'll soon find some nice things to eat. I'm sure there's a sticky somewhere.

Brilliant! Thank you :)

I saw a sticky but it was mainly meaty stuff so thought I'd ask on here :)

I've not got the info yet (seeing the cdc tomorrow) can you have tomatoes or red/yellow peppers?

I don't think so unfortunately

Hello!! I'm veggie too! I'm doing the 1000kcal plan but I just had a look in my meals in minutes book and there are a couple of ideas for 810 in there. I really hate Quorn and my CDC consultant told me that I can substitute the 'protein' element from any of the meals to suit what I want to eat. For example I have the 75g puy lentils from the fish dish and use it to replace the Quorn in the BBQ'd Quorn Salad. Check with your CDC that you'd be able to do that as I am on a different step. Also if you want I can put some more of the step 2 recipes on here if you want as the book is £9 and not very veggie friendly!

Hi grumbletumble,

Here are some veggie 810 recipes :) these are all 2 person servings.

Leeks nicoise
400g leeks
2 medium eggs
Juice of half a lemon
Dash of balsamic vinegar
150g low fat cottage cheese
Pinch of paprika
Chopped parsley

Boil leeks for 8-10 mins. Boil the eggs for 7 mins and then plunge them in cold water - when cool peel the shell and chop them up. Drizzle the lemon juice and balsamic over the leeks, sprinkle on the egg and parsley. Serve with the cottage cheese with a sprinkle of paprika.

Spinach frittata

Half a chopped onion
2 crushed garlic cloves
3tbs veg stock
2 sliced courgettes
150g baby spinach
4 eggs
1 head of chopped chicory
75g radishes sliced
3 sliced spring onions
Juice of half a lemon
Few drops of soy sauce or balsamic vinegar

Cook the onion and garlic in the stock in q frying pan over a low heat for around 8-10 mins. Then add the courgette and spinach. Beat the eggs with some parsley and black pepper. Mix the egg into the pan an cook for 10 mins until it's set underneath.

Mix the chicory radish and spring onion together with lemon juice and balsamic/soy sauce.

Put the frittata under the grill for a few minutes an serve.

BBQ quorn salad

275g quorn pieces
160g asparagus
200g courgettes sliced
1 green pepper
6 spring onions
100g rocket
100g baby spinach
3tbsp oil free dressing
Juice of half a lime
Balsamic vinegar
Chopped coriander

BBQ or put everything (except the leaves) on the griddle pan and serve :) simple!

If you are a fish eating vegetarian let me know. There are a few fish dishes x

The spicey indian dahl is amazingggggg. Made with lentils & loads of vegitables, really filling too! (I make enough for a few days)

Hi grumbletumble,

Here are some veggie 810 recipes :) these are all 2 person servings.

Leeks nicoise
400g leeks
2 medium eggs
Juice of half a lemon
Dash of balsamic vinegar
150g low fat cottage cheese
Pinch of paprika
Chopped parsley

Boil leeks for 8-10 mins. Boil the eggs for 7 mins and then plunge them in cold water - when cool peel the shell and chop them up. Drizzle the lemon juice and balsamic over the leeks, sprinkle on the egg and parsley. Serve with the cottage cheese with a sprinkle of paprika.

Spinach frittata

Half a chopped onion
2 crushed garlic cloves
3tbs veg stock
2 sliced courgettes
150g baby spinach
4 eggs
1 head of chopped chicory
75g radishes sliced
3 sliced spring onions
Juice of half a lemon
Few drops of soy sauce or balsamic vinegar

Cook the onion and garlic in the stock in q frying pan over a low heat for around 8-10 mins. Then add the courgette and spinach. Beat the eggs with some parsley and black pepper. Mix the egg into the pan an cook for 10 mins until it's set underneath.

Mix the chicory radish and spring onion together with lemon juice and balsamic/soy sauce.

Put the frittata under the grill for a few minutes an serve.

BBQ quorn salad

275g quorn pieces
160g asparagus
200g courgettes sliced
1 green pepper
6 spring onions
100g rocket
100g baby spinach
3tbsp oil free dressing
Juice of half a lime
Balsamic vinegar
Chopped coriander

BBQ or put everything (except the leaves) on the griddle pan and serve :) simple!

If you are a fish eating vegetarian let me know. There are a few fish dishes x

Thank you!
I just made a spinach frittata...mmm nom nom. I didn't do the exact recipe as the book says 80g of veggies so i used a mix of mushrooms & spinich, 2 eggs, corriander, chives, salt & pepper & had a salad of the remaining spinach with some balsamic vinegar as a salad. Very tasty!

I'd like to make the dahl, sounds yummy!

Back