Green Days Vegetarian, Newbie, Support, General need of help!

I have had 2 goes at S/W and found that, each time, it's important to prepare myself thoroughly for the change - throw out the foods which I won't eat any more and in with lots of foods I will; starting off by preparing for the first week and so on.

Like others have said, I tried WW for a short while and felt too hungry and restrictive. What I like about SW is the diversity and flexibility (and never feeling hungry!).

Changing diet is a massive thing and it takes time and effort. Groups are good because you can talk through common problems. I found it's also really important to identify what my specific barriers are and then find solutions to them.

Do you know what you're specifically struggling with? I am sure there'll be a way round it

I have good news guys! Me and my boyfriend tried it again, we worked very hard to be good and it's payed off! I have finally made it to 12 stone! My boyfriend has lost another 5 pound too. We will definitely keep it up now, we check absolutely everything in the middle of stores, we look a bit crazy but this time we are making sure we know syns of everything and still enjoying the good things. 30 day shred is working too ^^

I had a bad day with syns.... just found out the pot noodle that I was so excited to eat was 12.5... When looking online forums had said it was 2.5 but when calculating it, it was 12.5! I am not happy :(!
Luckily I had made myself a syn free chilli for dinner but have managed to go over my daily syns :( I will have to exercise extra hard tonight as I don't have long until Turkey and it's terrifying me that I won't look good enough or lose my belly or thighs quick enough. Losing weight has become really stressful and slightly depressing rather than enjoyable :/
I might pop into a group tomorrow

12.5 isn't anything to freak over hun. Maybe get the sw magazine might give you ideas? ? The Batchelor deli pot is 2 for the broccoli one which is ace and really nice too

If you can check in at group good idea. I find the syn app and just the accountability of class really helps

Xx

Ainsley dahl with added veggies served over rice is cheap, tasty and free.

Quorn sausage casserole (with onions, peppers, mushtooms, chopped tomatoes and some pulses - lentils or baked beans are good - and herbs and spices to your tastes) served with mash or pasta is delicious.

Spicy chickpeas served with rice (dry fry onions, peppers and mushroons, add tomatoes, green oxo, turmeric, garlic, chilli, dried herbs, salt & pepper, and a tin of drained chickpeas, and a handful of red lentils, and let it simmer for 20 mins).

Supernoodle ommlette (cook up the LOW FAT chicken supernoodles, add to 3 beaten eggs, add in whatever veg you like - my fave is mushroom and quorn pieces. Cook in a large frying pan sprayed with frylight. First side cooked on hob, then sprinkle with 2 Healthy Extras of grates reduced fat cheddar, squirt with frylight and put under the grill so it goes lovely and golden.

I'm not veggie, but find that some veggie meals ofsets the cost of all that fruit and the extra lean meat.
Also the dishes freeze well, and most serves 4 easily so you can cook on quieter evenings and then on busy days take something already prepared out of freezer in the morning ready to microwave for tea.

:D

Hi Rebekah, sorry that I hadn't replied, I've been away on holiday. I just ranted a little on your flare up thread! I'm away and meant to be enjoying my holiday but seem to be seriously suffering with my IBS :/ it's caused me to go off track quite a lot. I've decided to try Ginger tea with Puer in it, also lemon and ginger tea as it aids digestion and melts fat etc, apparently it's very good for your stomach and weight loss so I thought I'd give it a shot! I'm also going to give up normal tea as I think my IBS cannot tolerate it anymore :( This is a sad moment for me- Tea addict :rolleyes:! I shall be living off herbal tea, cutting out dairy and cut down on carbs and fruit for the next week to see if I feel better, if so, I might have to make it a permanent diet plan. I have been buying the magazines and have found them very helpful, next step is to get the guts to go to a group although money is an issue of why I don't really want to go to them, I guess that's why I started minimins and am glad as you have all been so helpful and lovely xxx
Sorry about the freak out the other day over a pot noodle- I was having a bad day and getting over stressed with losing weight as I realised I have a month to get a flat stomach and nice thighs. I was very proud to get to my 12 stone target and set myself a new target of 11 stone 4 as I'm not happy enough with my body. I think this has stressed me out as I know I'm going to have to work even harder to look good enough for my Turkey holiday in October. I'm sure I can do it if I work hard enough, Ive lost over 2 stone already, therefore I have faith in myself to reach this next target ^^

Thank you Lucky, these are some great ideas and I shall give them a try ^^!
I find veggie meals are cheaper, easier and over all much nicer and healthier. They do seem to freeze better and obviously can be reheated without worry because of no real chance of food poisoning which is always good haha. Maybe you could completely turn Vegetarian if you enjoy the food enough :D? Not trying to push conversion on you! :p

I suffer from IBS, but since turning veggie and then vegan I've only had one flare up and that was because I'd had a stomach bug that irritated it. I find peppermint helps a lot, I use peppermint tablets if I have a flare up, you could try peppermint tea :)

Hi Tace, I do drink peppermint, spearmint and all kinds of herbal and fruit tea. I do find them very helpful but due to being on holiday I didn't have my huge cupboard full unfortunately, its a reason I'm glad to be going home. I think I need to go to the doctors tbh as this doesn't feel like my IBS, it feels far worse than usual and I'm not even sure what could have set it off. I'm going to be stricter with my diet this week and try and get myself back on track

Fed up of this diet, fed up of weight loss. FED UP! I can't stay on track on it, my weight got down very low but I always want to binge and now that my IBS is restricting me from everything I'm putting on weight due to bloating because of IBS... Could someone help me out and give me some vegan meals and snacks or meals without dairy please...losing hope for this diet

Can you tolerate any super free at all currently hun ??

I had to just take a step back and just have rice when my crohns started playing up

Eat what you can manage right now. Being sick all day and night from fruit & vegetables is no good! !

What are you currently managing? ? X

Well I've noticed dairy seems to be a definite no-no as I was fine this morning until eating some chocolate hoops with milk and a cup of tea... Also when having ice cream my belly goes really bad, but that could be the sugar as that's a main problem with my IBS is sugar intake. I've been eating yogurts and have been fine, so I am confused. I'm trying to see what sets it off but almost everything is at the moment. I had rice and chilli the other night, I was fine, so spicy and carbs are still ok for me. Tonight I had fajitas, I know I'm being really naughty this week but I'm restarting tomorrow now that I know i'm ok with carbs. I think I might just cut out dairy or definitely cut down on it.
Tomorrow I'm going to have omellete for breakfast ( To see if it is egg or just milk that's one of the issues ),
1 veggie burger and spagetti for lunch,
BBQ quorn fillets for tea with vegetables and home made wedges...
I will see how I get on, this will be my healthiest day in a while since have a severe flare up so I hope i'm ok. I really want to get back on track with my diet.
I'm feeling a little bloated at the moment and haven't been well today but I think the wraps for tea weren't a good idea, also have had some pepsi max, which I haven't drank in a long time, So I might have to recut that out of my diet. Wraps were a one night off so I won't be having them again anytime soon.
Keeping a diary from tomorrow, hopefully I can pinpoint what is causing issues and sort my diet out again :) x

I usually have soya milk and butter you know the Alpro ones and their yoghurts too, but as I'm at my boyfriend's, I dislike being a pain with it all, but I might get some as I think I just can't handle normal milk anymore xx

Could someone let me know if you go to a group for the first time, do you have to pay? Or is it for free? I would like to go to see what it is like but I didn't know if I had to sign my life away and pay them moneys!?

Back