Green Days Vegetarian, Newbie, Support, General need of help!

Firebird

Hello I have recently started slimming world but originally lost 2 stone on weight watchers but hit a massive hault :(! I was originally 14 stone 3, I was then stuck at 12 Stone 11 for quite a while but I remained losing inches (overall lost roughly 50 odd inches since August last year) through dieting and exercise. I started slimming world and finally got to 12 stone 4. My target is 11 stone or to at least get the body I desire for Turkey in October! My main issue is that I cannot lose my stomach, love handles and thighs, they have kind of halted with fat loss which is terribly annoying when i'm trying to get a holiday worthy body for bikini galore! I exercise quite often and I have only started slimming world, I guess I need to just stick with it really. I was wondering if anyone would like to buddy up for support or if anyone can just give me some help. I am vegetarian so I am limited to the green days. I buy the magazines and have all the syn lists etc, but if anyone could recommend any recipes and exercises that have helped them achieve smaller love handles, slimmer thighs and a flatter stomach!
I guess I am more so trying slimming world to lose fat and inches, it really doesn't bother me too much about losing the pounds, it's more so the noticeable body fat!
The help would really be appreciated guys :D

Hi firebird have you ever thought about kettlebell training its very good for scorching fat and toneing you can get loads of info from the internet! Have a look see what you think Xx

Hey feel free to take some ideas from my diary - im veggie and do only green days - on my diary there's also a couple of others who do only green days :)

Have you tried the 30 day shred - that gets you results quick esp for tum :) xxx

Hello and welcome! SW is super easy to follow as a veggie as lots of Quorn products are free and many are low-syn. Supermarket own brand meat free ranges also have low-syn options and taste a bit better than Quorn too (Tesco meat-free mince is one!)

I love SW, have been on it for a year, was veggie until recently (have now gone Vegan) and SW really does work and provide really wonderful filling foods :-D I am sure you will do really well on it :-D

I have looked into kettle bell training and I tried the exercises but with a normal weight instead and you really do feel it! I might invest in a kettle bell and have a go, thank you Lesley for the suggestion, It really does work up a sweat and might lead to more success! :D
Thank you Ruby, I shall take a look at your diary :) It's helpful to have other vegetarian's or even vegans to help follow along with. I shall look into the 30 day shred also and see how I do, Gosh you guys are going to kill me with all these exercises haha!
Aww it's lovely to get such quick responses and have people here to help whenever it is needed!
I had noticed being vegetarian is quite easy to follow on slimming world, I just notice I go off of track often, that is why I have restarted my slimming world journey today, bought the magazine, looked through all my syn sheets and wrote up a food diary! Hopefully this time I can stick to it, I think I am going off track due to the hot weather and being used to a completely different diet then having a break from it probably didn't help. I WILL stick to it, I didn't lose all this weight to let myself fail!
I am in love with the sainsbury's Love soya sausages and burgers which I'm positive are only 1 syn each and are so very yummy! Looking in the July magazine, I have found out that Quorn low fat sausages are free (The ones with the blue measuring tape type thing over the packet). Being a vegetarian for a few years I am well stocked up on veggie food, but some things I wish there was a slimming world calculator or something because I don't understand how you work them out, Other than looking online and hoping the person is giving you the right information. I think that's why I'm finding this diet a little more difficult, because even though I have syn sheets, they don't have every single item of food on them to work out syns etc.
I am happy to hear that you all seem happy with slimming world and I definitely will stick to it and hopefully will achieve what I desire ^^

I love sw !!! You can eat so much without feeling guilty atall ;) any help you need just ask :) xxx

Unfortunately the syn calculator is only available on the SW website for members, everything can be put through it though so it's a really handy tool to have :) Saying that though, people on here are really good at responding to syn request posts on the sub forum :)

Thank you, I will definitely start using this more often, everyone is so helpful :)
Aww that's a shame, I suppose I will have to rely on everyone on here for syn values at times then ^^
Does anyone know about Tesco's Meat free Kievs? I only know the weight watchers points for them >_< which isn't useful haha!

I know I must admit Ruby that slimming world does help you feel more full and enjoy your food more, on Weight watchers I was always hungry! Being on SW I feel like there's no way this diet can help you lose weight with what you can eat but I only did it for a week and got past the weight I never could! I trust it will work of I stick to it. I always will be starting 30 day shred tonight, wish me luck :p xxxz

I know I must admit Ruby that slimming world does help you feel more full and enjoy your food more, on Weight watchers I was always hungry! Being on SW I feel like there's no way this diet can help you lose weight with what you can eat but I only did it for a week and got past the weight I never could! I trust it will work of I stick to it. I always will be starting 30 day shred tonight, wish me luck :p xxxz

Hehe deffo !!! Iv done ww in the past & always felt soooo hungry!!

Good luck with sw & 30ds :) xxx

Thank you! I gave it a go but managed about 20 minutes of the video before dying due to all the heat! Its annoying, you exercise to lose weight to look good during the summer but then it gets too hot to exercise! I might do it outside as its cooler, I'm sure the neighbors will have a good laugh :p

Thank you, I will definitely start using this more often, everyone is so helpful :)
Aww that's a shame, I suppose I will have to rely on everyone on here for syn values at times then ^^
Does anyone know about Tesco's Meat free Kievs? I only know the weight watchers points for them >_< which isn't useful haha!

Tesco meat free kievs are 7.5 :) When I was veggie I used to eat these regularly, and my partner still does (he's a meat eater but mostly eats veggie unless we go out for a meal or something)

Just saying hellooo

Join the green day thread lots of great ideas over there :)

Heavy weight training is really what helped me with my waist and really sculpting the shape I wanted

There are lots of free quorn options, tofu is free, Holland and Barrett have lots of veggie options too

Welcome aboard xx

Thank you :) I've wanted to eat mine but never knew the Syn value but I shall enjoy one of these tonight then ^^! I would of enjoyed 2 of them but annoyingly I thought Jordan's fruit bars were a HEB but they aren't so that killed 6 of my Syns from information I've gathered from others but oh well, at least I know now :)

Thank you! I gave it a go but managed about 20 minutes of the video before dying due to all the heat! Its annoying, you exercise to lose weight to look good during the summer but then it gets too hot to exercise! I might do it outside as its cooler, I'm sure the neighbors will have a good laugh :p

Haha! Exercise is well hard In this heat ! I did a gym class the other day n nearly died !!! Deffo do it outside - haha, some questionable squatting going on in that work out tho ;) xx

Hey, I'm sorry I'm not been on here or replying, i've gad a really busy week.
I am getting so stressed out with weight loss, I'm getting fed up of it and feeling bloated all the time.... I keep going off track on slimming world :/ I don't understand why, I did so well on weight watchers. I think it's getting used to being allowed treats etc. I'm in need of support to be honest, I think even my boyfriend is, he's been feeling crappy with this diet too and losing weight. Why are we finding slimming world so hard?! :(

Are you a member online or part of a group? I find that really helps with motivation and support :)

We use my boyfriend's Mum's online account to calculate etc but that's about it. I didn't know if the groups were really worth it but I would like to try and go to one

You might find group helpful even if just gives you ideas and helps with planning

Once you get into the swing of things it does get easier honest. A lot is in planning ... not being caught short without food etc

Give group a try xxx

Back