Vegetarian struggling with packed lunch

ObLIVIon79

Please can anyone help me with packed lunch ideas for a vegetarian. I am new to SW and doing it myself. I am able to stick to it but not eating enough and feeling zapped particularly at lunch. It's tricky as got 2 young kids to get to school/pre school and work so don't get much prep time. Thankyou

Please can anyone help me with packed lunch ideas for a vegetarian. I am new to SW and doing it myself. I am able to stick to it but not eating enough and feeling zapped particularly at lunch. It's tricky as got 2 young kids to get to school/pre school and work so don't get much prep time. Thankyou
Hi, I quite like cold pasta salad made with cold pasta shapes, sweet corn, baby tomatoes cucumber and a tin of three bean salad. You could also add syn free French salad dressing if you find it a bit dry. Also roasted veg and couscous or Slimming World quiche made with cottage cheese eggs and any veg you fancy. All can be pre made and served cold.Hope it helps.

Quick and easy one (and easy to carry/prepare): Pot of cottage cheese and tin of drained sweetcorn. Add any salad etc you wish - if you have time. Tasty!

Sounds boring but I like cheese and tomato sandwiches, using my hex a and b for the day. Always fills me up and I don't feel the need to snack in the afternoon - if I do I'll have a muller or a piece of fruit!

Cous cous with diced up cucumber tomotoes red onion or whatever I have in the fridge also could cook some roasted veg the night before with dinner an use this in it or a big batch of veg curry with already cooked jacket potatoes re heated in the microwave or batchlours rice packets most are very low syns also vegetable muffins can make a tub for the fridge fry all your veg crumble over a stick cube for flavour the whisk up some eggs scoop mix into a silicone muffin tin add the egg mix an cook till brown on top.

I am in the same situation Oblivion, except I am wheat intolerant too! Fun fun! x

I haven't made this yet and it might not work at all, but I'm thinking of trying to cook a dahl loaf kind of thing. I'd just use a dahl recipe I already make and try and cook it a bit drier. I did a bit of googling around and people have made things like this, but they usually seem to add chick peas, so maybe they help to hold it together.

I have been on SW since feb and lost just under a stone and a half and I am a veggie. my top tip for easy veggie lunches is doing a large amount of dinner and just having the left overs for lunch. my main thing i do is fry quorn pieces or meatballs in fry lights and lazy garlic and just chuck a load of veggies in, so celery mushrooms, maybe some tinned beans like harricot etc, chuck some passata or chopped toms and maybe some soy sauce to add a bit of flavour n pair it up with either pasta, rice OR if on an SP day i use butternut squash noodles or i used cabbage and leeks pan fried in a stock cube.

I am super lazy so i can assure you this is easy to do and doesn't take very long :)

Can always do jacket and beans if all else fails....hope that helps! xx

Back