Vegetarians?

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hiya completely new to SW after trying and failing on vlcd's, just wondered of anyone is a vegetarian here on sw? How to start? Which recipes to follow and is it possible to do this plan without meat? Thanks!

Sw is perfect for veggies because all the foods you should be eating as part of a healthy balanced vegetarian diet are free foods and you can eat as much as you want eg fruit and veg, pasta, rice, grains, pulses, lentils, and your basic meat-free products like quorn, soya and tofu. You start by getting yourself along to a class and saying you want to do the green plan.

Hi Pingu,

I'm a veggie and I think SW is very veggie friendly.

I only do green days because of this, but it all still works!

Good luck x

There are lots of us veggies on here championing the green plan! Check out some of the food diaries to see how easy it is. Good luck!

Hi, im vegetarian and green days work..i have yet to get my mojo back in order to start. You can do it...i did in the past. Good luck.*

Green days make it so easy. No need for meat on sw. You will only ever do green days so no need to even read up about ee or red really

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Wow thanks everyone, Im amazed at how you can lose weight with pasta! Can i join online, with three young kids it would be more convenient! Cant wait to fet started! Thx for the warm welcome xxx

Pingu6 said:
Wow thanks everyone, Im amazed at how you can lose weight with pasta! Can i join online, with three young kids it would be more convenient! Cant wait to fet started! Thx for the warm welcome xxx

Two you can join online. I did online for 3 months (the minimum you can.sign up for) and now I'm going solo as I have all the info I need and this site is great for syn info!

Thx :) which membership is the best? Do i need to get gold to get the books? Sorry, but clueless!

I would go for the silver one as you get the magazine subscription cheap. not worth going for gold as the info in the books is all online and can be printed out. But it's best if you can go to class, even if only for the first week as the consultant talk is invaluable.

I've done it without class. It's a bit of a nightmare with young children and I also try to use any spare time exercising rather than going to a group. A combination of sw online and minimins will get u all the support you need.

Sw really is an amazing diet for veggies!! I've lost 3 st now but it has taken me the best part of a year. I've also gone from a 16 to a 12 so very happy with the diet.

Good luck. X

Another veggie here too, 5 stone 7 1/2lbs gone in 25 weeks :)

I only do green days as I dont eat meat, and all I can say is it definately works!

Me too - green all the way and I eat such a varied and yummy diet. Make lentil shepherds pie, butternut squash curry, lots of different pasta, SW quiche - so much choice and so easy!!

I'm a veggie too and I think it's great as you can have lots of quorn and tofu. I don't feel like I'm missing out or struggle to find a recipe. A lot of the recipes with meat can just be substituted with Quorn etc anyway.

Boo you! :D Cant advise about the veggie thing, but if you have never done slimming world before, I would say, one night when you have someone to look after little ones go to a class and join. For £10 you will get the books and everything explained to you in a half hour talk at the beginning, it will really help :D xx

Last edited:
Back