Veggie/vegan recipes

Hope everyone is well and enjoying veggie goodness :)

I have a cold/fluey thing so getting the garlic in and cooking (or watching husband cook more like!) Forty-Clove Chickpeas and Broccoli, my fave veggie comfort food recipe. I serve it with caulipots normally (cauliflower and potato mashed together) but tonight it's cheese and onion mash! Nom :D

http://www.food.com/recipe/forty-clove-chickpeas-broccoli-447759

missy1978 said:
Hope everyone is well and enjoying veggie goodness :)

I have a cold/fluey thing so getting the garlic in and cooking (or watching husband cook more like!) Forty-Clove Chickpeas and Broccoli, my fave veggie comfort food recipe. I serve it with caulipots normally (cauliflower and potato mashed together) but tonight it's cheese and onion mash! Nom :D

http://www.food.com/recipe/forty-clove-chickpeas-broccoli-447759

I keep meaning to try that after seeing you post it..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's so tasty and easy to cook. If you are craving really moreish savoury flavours, this is your winner :)

Mmm might be a plan for the weekend I think...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I feel like crap today and it was just what I needed! Comfort food but none of the stodge :)

Ginger/galangal and chilli is good too for a cold, blasts it out of you

Ginger/galangal and chilli is good too for a cold, blasts it out of you

Making chilli bake tomorrow (out of the magazine) and curry on Sunday (lots of ginger) so should be fine lol! ;) x

Just checking in to see if there are any more lovely recipes! I've never got round to making the forty-clove dish, my family are always horrified at the amount of garlic I serve them so I haven't had the guts! My husband is convinced I'm trying to keep him stinky so that he can't stray!!

I'm cooking a big batch of ratatouille tomorrow (minus the peppers as they are the devil's work) and portioning it out for meals throughout the month. With that and veggie soup I'm hoping to get back on track this month. Hope everyone is doing well x

Just checking in to see if there are any more lovely recipes! I've never got round to making the forty-clove dish, my family are always horrified at the amount of garlic I serve them so I haven't had the guts! My husband is convinced I'm trying to keep him stinky so that he can't stray!!

I'm cooking a big batch of ratatouille tomorrow (minus the peppers as they are the devil's work) and portioning it out for meals throughout the month. With that and veggie soup I'm hoping to get back on track this month. Hope everyone is doing well x

It's not that bad when garlic is roasted - the flavour is a lot less... er, garlicky? Lol! So 10 cloves isn't as strong as you'd think.

I'm making soup tomorrow - what's going in yours? Mine is gonna be mixed root veg and cumin, I really do need to try some new soup recipes, I have loads I want to try too and just never get round to it! x

I can recommend the chilli back out of this months magazine too - it's basically roasted veg (pepper, courgette, red onion and fennel) with a chilli sauce and lots of cheese and quark on top. It was lovely with sweet potato wedges :D

It's not that bad when garlic is roasted - the flavour is a lot less... er, garlicky? Lol! So 10 cloves isn't as strong as you'd think.

I'm making soup tomorrow - what's going in yours? Mine is gonna be mixed root veg and cumin, I really do need to try some new soup recipes, I have loads I want to try too and just never get round to it! x

I've just realized I wrote 40 dove instead of 40 clove!! Rubbish vegan! My soup is just veggie and lentil, not very exciting. I cooked far too much veg on xmas day, so I froze all the leftovers and made them into the soup yesterday. I've never been a huge fan of soup for some reason, I have to make myself eat it. I think I may start leaving in chunky as I love veggie stews, but struggle to eat sup without huge chunks of crusty bread. I added some onion, garlic, herbs and veg stock to it, it's nice really but a few spoonfuls in and I just can't be bothered eating the rest! I've put on 2.5 lbs so far this year though, so I really need to get my backside in gear...

What's your favourite type of soup?

I've just realized I wrote 40 dove instead of 40 clove!! Rubbish vegan! My soup is just veggie and lentil, not very exciting. I cooked far too much veg on xmas day, so I froze all the leftovers and made them into the soup yesterday. I've never been a huge fan of soup for some reason, I have to make myself eat it. I think I may start leaving in chunky as I love veggie stews, but struggle to eat sup without huge chunks of crusty bread. I added some onion, garlic, herbs and veg stock to it, it's nice really but a few spoonfuls in and I just can't be bothered eating the rest! I've put on 2.5 lbs so far this year though, so I really need to get my backside in gear...

What's your favourite type of soup?

40 dove! Didn't even spot that haha!

I'm the other way round - I can't eat chunky soup, even though I love veggie stews!

I do love root veg and lentil soup the most, with chilli and cumin. I made carrot and coriander a couple of weeks back and that was lovely too! I want to try the cauliflower pesto soup in my vegan cookbook but waiting for my basil plant to grow back a bit more first...

40 dove! Didn't even spot that haha!

I'm the other way round - I can't eat chunky soup, even though I love veggie stews!

I do love root veg and lentil soup the most, with chilli and cumin. I made carrot and coriander a couple of weeks back and that was lovely too! I want to try the cauliflower pesto soup in my vegan cookbook but waiting for my basil plant to grow back a bit more first...

My basil plant died last week :(. I went away for a couple of weeks and I think it might have frozen to death in the kitchen. I seem to murder herbs every time I try to grow any, even mint. I cant understand how mint has a reputation for being prolific, because I just have to look at it and it withers! I seem to be fine with everything else I try to grow, and before I moved my garden was packed with 23 different types of fruit and veg. I was so proud until my baby son systematically pulled the lot out by the roots! But herbs nope, I am the kiss of death to herbs.

Mint is prolific outdoors when it has free reign over your soil...not prolific at all when limited to a pot in a kitchen with fluctuating temps ;) grow ya mint outdoors

Mint likes a specific type of soil trying to remember but think it's lime based rather than acidic also best thing you can do is add some horse yes yes horse manure to a soil patch then plant your herbs but would wait obviously till all this ice has gone as many herbs like other plants die or wither in icy conditions ( but herbs tend to resurface if they like their spot once they've taken!) try when the nice weather comes but as to herbs in pots I get no joy although I bought 2 large strawberry pots but as soon as winter comes they die might try again when the weather gets better as I place them either side of back door which leads to utility room and to kitchen so very convenient !!!

Mint is prolific outdoors when it has free reign over your soil...not prolific at all when limited to a pot in a kitchen with fluctuating temps ;) grow ya mint outdoors

I confine my mint to a pot in the garden lol, otherwise my whole garden would be mint!

The basil and parsley does very well on the window ledge but I do keep killing off coriander plants sadly - probably from overuse! I just buy a bunch a week from the market now ;)

Thanks everyone, some good advice there. I have always grown herbs indoor, never outdoors. Will try planting outdoors when the weather gets nicer and see if I can keep them alive! I'm hoping to have a small veggie plot again this year, as I am refusing to move house now for many years (military wife, 5 houses in 8 years). I've never grown them outdoors as I wanted to keep them all year round, but just thinking that I could probably freeze the herbs or something for use next winter. I'm sure I have a book on herbs somewhere, will have to dig it out.

I'm going to make some more soup this week to swap with my veggie soup. My group was talking about the speed soup so I will give that a go. I've got my tinned carrots and tinned tomatoes ready to go! Think I will take half of the soup out before I blend it though, to keep it chunkier and see if I can stomach the soup better.

Hey veggies, any new ideas? :)

I've been cooking 40 clove broccoli and chickpeas loads with cheese and mustard mash. It's so comforting!

Tonight's dinner will be parsnip and sweet potato soup with cheese on toast. Proper cold weather food I think ;) x

:cry:I miss my little garden I used to have. I grew a lot of herbs and some veg too. I cannot afford fresh herbs now (or hardly ever).

I don't tend to use recipes as there is normally ony me to cook for. I am a 'throw it all together and hope it is edible' kind of cook - so mainly stir fries, tomatoey sauce on pasta, veg and spices in a curry with rice kind of thing. I can (or at least used to ) cook properly but time and space do not allow it much as I share a kitchen with 3 other people. Not much room to store fresh food either.

Back