very controversial I'd say

I was considering asking for orlistat again because I was prescribed it last year by my GP..but couldn't really see the point as what I'm eating is so low in fat already.I'll be watching this thread with interest!!

Try using the search function from the blue toolbar at the top of the page. It has been discussed but I think it's only effective at helping remove the fat consumed, so if you are following SW which is by nature very low in fat it is likely to have little effect.

On the other hand, if you have a binge apparently you will get the squits as this is how it 'helps' you get rid of the fat in the food you eat. Euw, not nice.

I would doubt if there was any point. It removes 1/3 of the calories associated with fat, and bearing in mind the plan as a whole is low to no fat, with only fat I can see coming from;

• Fat free yoghurts
  • Milk
  • HEA - Milk, cheese
  • syns
  • any residual fat in lean meats
  • eggs
  • fry light

I think you would be struggling to remove any more calories to amount to a noticeable amount of weight loss, given that there's 3500 calories in a lb if fat, you'd be lucky to lose 1lb a month.

Sorry. I'm such a pedant.

Plus you'd then need to take additional vitamin supplementation to make up the fat soluble vitamin A,D,E,K and Orlistat depletes these as they deplete the fat.

So at least 4 extra pills a day for a negligible loss?

Yeah i heard all about the side effects, I think that would be enough to stop me having binges. Im getting nowhere on slimming world because I've been all over the place with my eating. I dont know if its right for me, Weight watchers definitely worked quicker but I was always hungry.

Before I started slimming world, I was given Orlistat by my Doctor. I ate low fat just far too much bread etc, it didn't help me other than giving me trapped wind. The only time I had "problems" was when I had gone to a BBQ and because I had, had no mishaps just ate everything, boy did I know about it then:eek: Weight loss wise on the 3 weeks I was on it ,I didn't lose a pound. Haven't been back because he said if they didn't work he had the option to refer me to weight watchers, which really doesn't work for me. Taking the scenic route with Slimming World:)

Do you think that would work? they keep tellin me forget everything you ever heard at weight watchers!

Yep the side effects of orlistat if you do eat anything with high fat content are awful! And tbh I barely lost anything whilst on them either :p

Perhaps just following SW properly is what you should be doing ;)

But seriously, what are you struggling so much with? Perhaps we can offer some advice so that you don't need to resort to taking pills all the time. After all are you going to take the pills for the rest of your life?

Decided against taking pills, it's really not a good move for keeping it off long term! The unlimited rice, pasta, potatoes at slimming world does not work for me however so have cut that out,in fact im more or less following the Dukan diet since Thursday to see how it goes..so heres hoping Tuesday is good!

Maybe a mixture of WW and SW??? WW points but allowing superfree snacks as per SW to avoid always feeling hungry? Whatever works for you :)

NOOOO dont do it... either do one or the other. Its far too complicated doing that. Besides following WW properly means using points for filling foods, which are like SW superfree food.

If you start pointing SW stuff it can be scary :eek:

The unlimited rice, pasta, potatoes at slimming world does not work for me however so have cut that out,in fact im more or less following the Dukan diet since Thursday to see how it goes..so heres hoping Tuesday is good!

Green days don't work for me either, but I think it's because I'm a carb queen and eat far too much. Have you tried having a week on red?

What's the Dukan diet?

Oh and good luck for Tuesday :)

Back