Very disappointed with 1st weigh in

djidie

Hi.
Well I had my 1st weigh in today and according to my CDC's scale, I have lost just under 4 lb. I was so upset by that that I nearly stopped at McDonald's on the way back to stuff myself...... Glad I didn't.
I was so sure I had lost more. Some people do lose so much more in their 1st week....
I did not cheat, the only extra I had while in SS was a slice of ham and 2 cups of marigold....
I go back in 2 weeks time. Hope it will be better next time....
Geraldine xx

Did you take the advice to 'carb down' on the days before the diet? If so, you might have already started using up your glycogen stores before you started on actual SSing.
Did you go into ketosis quite quickly?

Glycogen in our livers is heavy stuff because it absorbs so much water (that's what people refer to when they do well in the first week on ANY diet and say 'oh yes, but the first week is mainly water weight')

People who have had to shed a lot of stored glycogen and lose 11 or 12lb in their first week have probably not lost much more than you in actual fat.

We need to stay so focused on this diet - we can be very fragile and it doesn't take much to throw us. Four pounds is fantastic ... imagine what that looks like in cold, hard blocks of lard - not nice ... and that's gone from your body forever!!

I think it's fab and think you deserve a pat on the back!:)

Hi Geraldine,

I'm sorry you feel so disappointed with your first weigh in, but please remember that it was still a weight loss and it is nearly 4lbs that has gone forever.

Don't give up on all your hard work - you have made that huge step and started the diet in the first place. You can do this, we are all behind you :rolleyes: - keep drinking the water and I am sure you will lose even more next weigh in.

Remember that we are all here if you need to chat.

Take care
Lenny :)

It will definitely be better next time but only if you can get over the disappointment and carry on doing as well as you did last time. I would be surprised if the true weight loss on your first week was only 4lb I would guess that you have a lot more water on board this week at weigh in and are maybe wearing heavier clothes. So many factors. Concentrate on other factors to motivate you how do you feel, more energy, clearer skin, looser clothing? I know it hard really, I do? But you must get past it.

Personally I weigh myself on my good scales first thing in the morning naked and after a pee. I find this most accurate and motivating but I do know others have problems with scales.

Remember those other cues and chin up, can't wait to be proved right next week. Let us know.

Dizzy x

Well done,:D even a pound of weight is still quite heavy. Go to your cupboard( if you haven't thrown everything out) and feel how heavy your weight loss is. You will be surprised how heavy it is.
Keep it up as you are doing really well.:)

Nick:)

Yes, if you reduced your carbs beforehand, you would have already lost some of that first week weight.

It often happens that if you eat loads of junk food before you start the diet, you lose more that first week (mainly water I should imagine). I only lost 3.5lbs my first week the 2nd time I did the diet, but I had low carbed before and I was maintaining my weight with a healthy diet...just wanted to lose more.

Do you TOTM at the moment? That would make you hold on to some of the water weight too, so next week should show a bigger lose.

Regardless...this has got to be the faster diet around. So if you've lost 4lbs (which is wonderful!), then that's the maximum your body wanted to do, and no doubt another type of diet would have brought less than that.

Keep the faith. This diet is fab. Maybe...just maybe, you will have a great loss next week and you're going to be so chuffed that you didn't have a McCardboard;) :D

Hi.
Well I had my 1st weigh in today and according to my CDC's scale, I have lost just under 4 lb. I was so upset by that that I nearly stopped at McDonald's on the way back to stuff myself...... Glad I didn't.
I was so sure I had lost more. Some people do lose so much more in their 1st week....
I did not cheat, the only extra I had while in SS was a slice of ham and 2 cups of marigold....
Geraldine xx

4 pounds is still a good loss and probably means you did some cutting down on carbs before you started the diet which means you have done the preparation really well.

Just keep glugging the water and look forward to a good result in 2 weeks.

M.

Look at it this way .... pick up a two litre bottle of water and carry it around with you everywhere ....... full.

That bottle equates pretty much (~4.4lbs) to the weight that you have lost.

4lbs is a big loss in a week, and as the others have said there are many and varied reasons why you did not lose more. It does not mean anything.

A loss is a loss is a loss.

Keep on going .... if you lose 4lbs each and every week I bet you will not be disappointed a few weeks down the line!

Steve

Hiya I lost 5lbs my first week and was a bit disappointed....same reason as you really, cos I have seen people on here lose so much more in their first week.

Its hard, but I think it was mini who said at the time, if you lose weight slowly on this diet then you will be even slower on a conventional diet so dont give up!! Try to remember that you are aiming for 1stone a month....I bet you will lose at least that by the time you have done a month on CD!!

With regards to the bouillon....thats really high in salt (even the low salt one) so maybe you could be retaining water as well...

Dont worry about this WI, just keep going....you will be amazed in a very short space of time!

Dont be disappointed!!! 4lbs is great - congratulate yourself and remember the target is 14lbs in a month so you are well on your way!!!!

Well done:D

Tasha

4lbs loss is still good though, well done and keep at it. You cant fail to lose weight on a VLCD. Maybe try and up your water a little if you can manage it - a lot of people find that helps.
Keep going and roll on 2 weeks time. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised next time you get on your CDCs scales. :)

Thank you all for your kind words and support.
I did prepare myself the week before the diet by reducing the amount of bread, pasta, rice and potato I was eating... and this week is TOTM for me. So maybe that is the reason I did not lose more.
I need to stay focused and positive.
I have been on WW before and the most I lost in 1 week was 2 lb. So 4 lb is not bad I suppose.
Thank you again...
Geraldine xx

Can only 2nd what everyone else has said.

Well done on a great loss, and good luck (not that you need it) for your next one. Also well done for avoiding MacD's!

Look forward to your next weigh in ... and watch the pounds disappear before your eyes.

Get a tape measure as well - and measure yourself - so you can see it go in inches!

I too had my first weigh-in yesterday, and had a similar weight loss, which to be honest I was a little bit disappointed about, given what lots of people here say they lost first week. HOWEVER when I measured all my various wobbly bits with my tape measure last night was amazed to see I'd lost two inches round my waist, hips (and 1 inch on the thighs) since last week!

That was the most exciting news so far this year :)

E.

defiantely need to measure as well as its amazing how quickly they change. I lost 3 inches off my waist in the first week and was gobsmacked.

I lost a lot in the first week but then I have a lot to lose and had not cut back either :eek:

Like so many people have said they say to expect a stone a month so you are right on track :)

Hi.
Geraldine xx

Just think that 4lbs is the same as 8 packets of lard....if you look at it this way it is an awful lot......well done and good on you for not going into mc`ds on way home, you were very strong to resist.

Back