Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

very shaky start!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by horseheaven22, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. horseheaven22

horseheaven22 New Member

Hi everyone,

Im new to slimming world and I only started on thursday night and Im following it to the rule. The thing is today I feel terrible, Ive got the bad shakes, I keep falling asleep and was wondering if this is normal. Thanks so much

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thats odd! certainly isnt the diet, and it is all it could be is a massive come down from any sugary things you may have eatern pre slimmingworld :)

4. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    does sound like a sugar come down have you got a lot to lose and did you see your doctor pre diet for a check up. It may be a good idea to get an appointment tommorow

5. Tiphareth

Tiphareth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(27.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've not felt that with this diet, but I can get shakey if I don't eat enough food, something I not experienced since starting the diet.

6. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I felt pretty rough the first week, with headaches and shakes, but as FernXx said, for me it was a massive withdrawal from sugar. I, pre SW had a HIGH sugar intake. I cut back to pretty much none. so had the withdrawal symptoms for 10 days maybe, but no i feel much much better and still done have the sugar. I do have some honey on breakfast instead of sugar.

7. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i didnt get shaking or headaches i got bad bloating for first 2 weeks i had the same when i started the plan the first time but maybe its because im more of a savory person than sweet

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If following the SW plan has made a huge difference in the type of things that you are eating - like a big reduction in the amount of sugar, for instance - then this might be the reason.

But it does sound a bit extreme to me, and if I were you I wouldn't let this go on too long before seeking medical advice.

9. aliben

aliben Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had headaches for two weeks, and felt pretty rough. Definitely felt like withdrawal symptoms. I kept eating a lot, and to date would say the days I eat more, I do better. After a couple of weeks, it all balanced out - and now I am very happy with how I feel. It almost scared me how much taking out rubbish from my diet affected me, so think I better start respecting my body more!
    I agree with the last post - if it doesn't clear up soon - have a quick check over. I went to my GP the day before starting, and it turned out I had very low blood pressure, which explained all the light headed dizzy feelings, so good to know where you stand. I am also suspicious of people who end up with huge weight loss to start. I can't help but think slow and steady seems more healthy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.