very shaky start!!!

horseheaven22

Hi everyone,

Im new to slimming world and I only started on thursday night and Im following it to the rule. The thing is today I feel terrible, Ive got the bad shakes, I keep falling asleep and was wondering if this is normal. Thanks so much

Thats odd! certainly isnt the diet, and it is all it could be is a massive come down from any sugary things you may have eatern pre slimmingworld :)

does sound like a sugar come down have you got a lot to lose and did you see your doctor pre diet for a check up. It may be a good idea to get an appointment tommorow

I've not felt that with this diet, but I can get shakey if I don't eat enough food, something I not experienced since starting the diet.

I felt pretty rough the first week, with headaches and shakes, but as FernXx said, for me it was a massive withdrawal from sugar. I, pre SW had a HIGH sugar intake. I cut back to pretty much none. so had the withdrawal symptoms for 10 days maybe, but no i feel much much better and still done have the sugar. I do have some honey on breakfast instead of sugar.

i didnt get shaking or headaches i got bad bloating for first 2 weeks i had the same when i started the plan the first time but maybe its because im more of a savory person than sweet

Hi everyone,

Im new to slimming world and I only started on thursday night and Im following it to the rule. The thing is today I feel terrible, Ive got the bad shakes, I keep falling asleep and was wondering if this is normal. Thanks so much

If following the SW plan has made a huge difference in the type of things that you are eating - like a big reduction in the amount of sugar, for instance - then this might be the reason.

But it does sound a bit extreme to me, and if I were you I wouldn't let this go on too long before seeking medical advice.

I had headaches for two weeks, and felt pretty rough. Definitely felt like withdrawal symptoms. I kept eating a lot, and to date would say the days I eat more, I do better. After a couple of weeks, it all balanced out - and now I am very happy with how I feel. It almost scared me how much taking out rubbish from my diet affected me, so think I better start respecting my body more!
I agree with the last post - if it doesn't clear up soon - have a quick check over. I went to my GP the day before starting, and it turned out I had very low blood pressure, which explained all the light headed dizzy feelings, so good to know where you stand. I am also suspicious of people who end up with huge weight loss to start. I can't help but think slow and steady seems more healthy.

Back