1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Vibration plate (wobble boards)

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by LouiseJanex, 21 March 2014 Social URL.

1. LouiseJanex

LouiseJanex Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am a single mum to a disabled child, I have no way to be able to go to the gym or even for a jog.

I was wondering if vibration plates are worth it? I'm tempted to buy one!

Has anyone had results from using one alongside slimming world? Or would I be wasting my money

Louise x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. See if you can try one before committing to any expenditure. There is a VibroGym machine at the gym I go to, and although I do use it (my trainer insists!) and it does help by intensifying whatever exercise I am doing (particularly if we are targeting specific muscles) I don't think it makes much difference to weight loss. And I absolutely hate it!!

4. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Hi Louise
    I thought about buying one of these before sw!
    I have heard mixed reviews about them- I think they are more effective used as part of your exercise rather than alone.
    If I were to buy a piece of equipment for the home I think id opt for a cross trainer, so you can do some exercise that you know will work.
    Rosie x

5. Phoenix_Girl

Phoenix_Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2.5lb(45.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    one thing about Vibro-Gyms/Power Plates is that you need a really secure floor, ideally something more solid than floorboards otherwise you could really have issues with vibration travelling through the house/causing damage to any ornaments/TV/anything you really don't want to break having a little mishap :s

6. LouiseJanex

LouiseJanex Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We have concrete flooring so that's good!

7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I love mine -use it every day. Certainly helps tone you up. I have wooden floors and no problems with it.Check out which
    one you buy fi#rst(reviews etc) as some are known for breaking down etc