Vibration Plates

giles86

Silver Member
Hello

I've just bought a vibration plate machine to hopefully help with chronic pain but was wondering whether anyone has used one of these to help with weight loss?

I'm hoping that it will be a bonus of the machine but seems a little too good to be true?

Well the expensive machines they have at the gym which are super powerful, say you can burn upto 350 Cals in 10mins!

Which I'm not sure is possible!
But that's when exercising at the same time, doing squats, lunges, pushups! And it is hard! I can do all that stuff normally but te machine makes it so painful! Which must be a good thing!

My father in law uses one to help with his Parkinson's! But it's only a small surface so I'm not sure I'd have enough room to do the exercises! It only fits the feet on

Thanks for the reply

It isn't anything like the gym ones but it's a salon pro deluxe ( whatever that means!) it seems to be half of the gym ones power wise although it is big enough to do pushups etc on however I'm not at that stage!

So far it seems ok no real difference to weight or pain ( sadly) but its only been a couple of days so hopefully next month it'll have made a difference!

If you don't mind me asking does your father in law find it useful?

I've heard a lot of good things about power plates. They advertise them as an effective weightloss tool at my local beauty parlour. I've never used one but if they do burn off lots of calories i'd be very tempted. You'll have to let us know whether it has made a difference to you're weight loss or to inche loss. I'd be really interested in finding out.

Good luck :)

It helps lots with his Parkinson's! He just works the parts of his body that he needs!

Let us know how it goes

I will do to give it a fair go I'm going to use it for a month and see what difference if any there is I don't usually do measurements but I'm going to today and see the difference after the month.

Glad to hear it helps with the Parkinson's I'm hoping against hope it works for me too :)

Hi, I've got one at home, not an actual power plate which as other posters have said, are a lot more powerful, but a different make. To be honest I use the power plate in the gym more than I do my one at home, typical me - buying a new exercise gadget and then not using it!
The thing with a power plate / any vibration plate - is you don't just stand on it; you do exercises on it, stretches, lunges etc (I do push ups etc on it as well). I really should start using my home model again seeing as its sitting in the conservatory

I use the one at the gym as well - press ups, tricep dips (omg that hurts!!), squats, and holding squats, and the plank. I also have a shoulder problem so I rest it on the plate to relax it, and that does seem to help losen the joint up as well.

I have one at home but not sure how to do exercises on it

Back