Vicky's Diary

mrsvhall

Well, today is my first day on S&S. I have been looking forward to starting this since i placed my order last Saturdat night.

I know this going to be a big challenge for me, but its one that i know i need to do so that i can see my children grow up and be apart of that with them. I have suffered health problems for many years and along with this i have tried all the slimming groups but not one of them have been effect for me. So this is why i thought i might aswell give VLCD a try. My GP is 100% behind me and encouraged me to give it a whirl. So here i am....

Today is DAY1

For breakfast i had the porridge, wasnt 100% keen on it and my husband told me i wouldnt like it before i even tried it. He was right but i still ate it all and i think over time it will grow on me.

I've so far drank 500ml off water, i did by the flavourings to help me with this as sometimes drinking plain water does make me sick :-( but the summer berry flavourings is very nice. I'd definitely be ordering some more.

For lunch i plan on having Tuna with lettuce and cucumber and then a bar for an afternoon snack around 3 and then the bolognese for dinner around 6.30.

I really do hope i dont struggle, i dont eat alot anyway and my weight gain over the last 5 years have been down to disability and medication. I know its not going to be easy and i know ill have my up and down days but i am determined to see this through 100%, not just for me, but for my husband and 2 small children.

My first goal is to complete day 1.....

V xx

Good luck Vicky! If you do struggle pop on here - the support on this forum is awesome!

Best of luck Vicky - one of the best pieces of advice I read on here was to take it one pack at a time in the first few days (sorry can't remember who said it) I did this and felt a sense of achievement with each pack that I hadn't caved!! Do try any keep up the water - it really helps with the hunger in the first few days too. If you find the water hard to get down you can also have herbal leaf teas (like mint etc) sometimes it can be easier to have hot drinks. I make a pot of herbal tea and just keep topping up while watching tv etc.........

Well i am now on day 2 and so far i have been 100%.

Yesterday was hard for me as the kids kept trying to feed me there left overs but i managed to hold back.

Today however was really easy. Not hungry at all.

I had a museli bar for breakfast and a weak tea with 50mls of skimmed milk.
For lunch i had to medium eggs and 75g of baby tomatoes ( i spoke to a nice lady from s&s who advised i could have 100g but wasnt allowed any further for the day or i could have less and then make up the 100g with other veg). It was lovely and very filling.
For dinner i had the Spaghetti with 25g of green peppers and to my surprise it was lovely.

I have also had 2 litres of water so far and 330ml of coke zero. I am going to have a shake about 8pm and then take some more water to bed with me.

I feel really good about myself and cant wait to try the other meals throughout the week and then to weigh in next Tuesday night.

Hi ya sounds like your doing really well. It was day 5 for me before it all jus clicked and now cant believe how easy it is. People here are great & sum fab ideas for varying the diet. Keep it up xx

Hi welcome and good luck it sounds like u are doing brilliantly- well done

So glad to hear that day 2 went so well! You may be one of those lucky people who slips into ketosis easily (like me!).

Day 3

Well day 3 was again another 100%.

I had a shake for breakfast, followed by 50g of lettuce, cucumber and pepper with 2 boiled eggs for lunch and then for dinner i had the chilli with 100g of cabbage and 50g of pepper. It was lovely.

I also had just over 3 litres of water, my 150ml of skimmed milk and 2 cans of coke zero. I have never been to the toilet so much but i am feeling good!!! Also, i have not felt tired once during the day for the past 2 days.

I don't know if i am in Ketosis as i'm not sure what to look for. However, i did jump on the scales last night out of curiosity and it said i was lighter than i was at the beginning of the week. So hopefully, come Tuesday night when i jump back on the scales it will be a fantastic result for me :) xx

So glad that you're doing well! It does seem that you are a little light on the packs though. You should be having 3 plus a protein meal. Have you made a concious decision to do fewer?

Hi ya you should think about weighing first thing in the morning i think it gives the best and most accurate results. Good luck for weigh in

Back