VLCD and dating

km1980

Hi there!

I have just started all Exante, and talk about bad timing have been asked out on a date (drinks).

Does anyone have any advice on this? I know alcohol isn't really allowed, would one hurt? If I really *have* to have a drink, what should I go for?

Any advice, thoughts appreciated! :)

Kathleen

Will a coke zero not do? Or is that just wrong on a first date?
How about just coming out with the truth in a positive way cos if he's gonna be on the scene, he'll have to deal with your diet. And he'll be proud of your commitment to improving your health and appearance.

Stick to spirits with a diet mixer...however it is a risk, but that is the best of a bad lot x

You have two choices - drink or not drink. Ultimately you're in charge of your diet, and the choices (and consequences) are yours.

1) if you drink, make sure you come out of ketosis first - which usually means eating something. If you don't go mental and go straight back on the wagon, you'll be back into it within 24 hours probably. I usually am.

2) Or, don't drink. Most pubs do a coffee, or spring water or something. Or have a date somewhere else.
Offer to drive, or make some sort 'driving' excuse.

As with anything about this plan what you do is entirely up to you. You have to weigh up your options and decide on drink vs. diet. Am I going to tell you do go for the diet? hell no! That's your call. Sometimes the drink/meal combo is more important for social/relationship reasons, sometimes it isn't. It all kinda turns on the circumstances and the company.

But whatever you decide, you have to go with it. I hope you have a great evening. :)

Exactly what Miss D said.

And any alcohol without coming out of ketosis first is potentially life threatening. There is a link somewhere and if I had more time (I have to go back to work in 2 mins) I would post it.

If the person who the date is with is not already aware, can you not say that you do not drink alcohol anyway?

Also consider the date went well and you are asked out again?

Love Myr xxx

Back