VLCD online vs consultants

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
Hi

I am curious to find out how people prefer to do their VLCDs.

I am just being nosey, as when I started my VLCD journey I was too embarrassed to go to a group. I know everyone was in the same position, but I was too scared to face it I guess. So I opted for an online (with telephone support) service. I have done really well with this, but I know that going it alone wouldn't be for everyone and I know most of you on the well known brand do it through consultants and groups.

If your chosen brand had offered you the choice of purching online and going it alone, would you have chosen that over the option of purchasing from a trained and supportive counsellor?

I didn't want to be part of a group either but when I go to see my CDC it's only me and her in the room so she's the only one who gets to see my weight and you can talk to her for the whole half hour. I know all CDC's are different and some probably do groups but it's worth emailing to find out how they do it.

I found the advice and encouragement of my CDC invaluable. I travelled for 40 mins to meet with her but it was soooo worth it. Life's changed a bit and I'm buying products fron avidlite and putting together my own VLCD - but I wouldn't have had the knowledge or confidence to do that without the help of my CDC (and folks on here!). I'd advise against doing a VLCD for first time without the backing of an 'expert'.

The only time I went to a CDC I was weighed and sold the packs...that was it!!!! I only wanted to lose a stone, although my starting weight was under BMI 25 which she didn't check. I think it's the luck of the draw as to what your consultant will be like really!

I agree - Cambridge don't seem to monitor their CDCs. Some are fab and some awful! The ones on here are great but I'm sure there are lots who just sell the stuff - easy way to make a living ! Good thing is - you can change CDC anytime.

Back