VLCD Support Please!

Hello LauraAgain & Bagpuss1 - Looks like we have all chosen a similar diet so probably understand each others challenges.

Bagpuss1 it was interesting to hear you saying about being cold as I seem to be cold all the time, I thought I was coming down with something!

LauraAgain what is the support like with the Cambridge Diet? I have heard good things about it and only opted for Exante due to the £.

How have you both been feeling?

As mentioned above in my earlier post I did have a bad day on Saturday which has been my only blip since starting Exante on Boxing Day but I was back on it the next day and feel more motivated after the blip which is good. My hangry moments seemed to have passed now which my hubby and kids are pleased about. Like you Bagpuss1 I have found it easier being back at work as there is no time to think about the tummy rumbles plus I drink more water there which is a plus as I forget to drink when at home.

Good luck everyone and keep me posted on how you are getting on. I will log my 2nd week weigh in on Thursday 🤞

Yeah, feeling the cold is a thing - I presume it's your body trying to preserve energy after the sudden shock of having no carbs, until it gets used to the new fuel source. And this time of year won't help at all, really - I spent more of the weekend than usual under the duvet.

But didn't have time to think about it or anything else really today, which is a plus - things are likely to come and go though, over the next few weeks, if this time is anything like the last, so take each day as it comes. Glad the irritability has passed. :)

Hello I have done my 2nd week weigh in and have lost a further 4lb this week which is a total of 10lbs so far, I am wondering if I will settle at 4lb per week now which would be great or will it be a lower loss next week as well. We will see. I hope everyone else is getting on well with their weight loss plans? Can anyone else advise of their weight loss on the 800 calorie VLCD from week 3 onward? I would love to know :)

Brilliant week 2!

I'm still only on week 2, and has started to slow, but that's normal for me - my week 1 is usually decent, my week two is usually depressing in comparison (but at least I know). For me, week 3 onwards can vary week on week, on any diet. I could do exactly the same thing every day of every week, and my losses will still be erratic. (Same with my mother, as I found out fairly recently.) In the past it has caused me to rather 'fall-out' with some branded slimming club consultants ;) So it would be interesting to see what happens this time...

Hi All,

I’m starting the VLCD Lipotrim tomorrow morning. Your thread looks like a good supportive one so hope you don’t mind me joining in for support :D

Hi All,

I’m starting the VLCD Lipotrim tomorrow morning. Your thread looks like a good supportive one so hope you don’t mind me joining in for support :D
Hello! Welcome in :)

Hi Everyone, I hope the diets are going well? My week 3 weigh in was on Thursday and I was 14st0lb so I have lost 3lb this week and 13lbs in total. I was hoping it would be more, maybe I am just being unrealistic! Anyway I am still motivated and really want to continue for another 4 weeks and then I am possibly thinking of alternate day fasting (3 Exante shakes one day, 3 healthy meals the next day, repeat, repeat .....). My reason being is that I really want to do more exercise (running and resistance machines) but I am struggling to do anything near to what I want to do at the moment as I feel tired at the end of the day. Has anyone else done the alternate day fasting? I have done the 5:2 a while back and did enjoy it but as I am heavier now, I feel I need the alternate day fasting to speed the weight loss up more than the 5:2. I would love to hear how everyone else has got on this week :)

Hi folks, only lost a quarter this week as had a stressful day on Tuesday.....turned to white bread and oreo biscuits!!! Oh dear lol xx

Hi, I'm new here as well.
I've started yet another diet 3 months ago. I've been down 4kg, and now I'm back 2kg. This is so frustrating. It seems like I shoud eat a crazy small amount of calories. I'm strating a diet from a nutritionist on Sunday. Whish me luck!

Hi, I'm new here as well.
I've started yet another diet 3 months ago. I've been down 4kg, and now I'm back 2kg. This is so frustrating. It seems like I shoud eat a crazy small amount of calories. I'm strating a diet from a nutritionist on Sunday. Whish me luck!
Good luck AlicjaWol👍

Hey is anyone still going on this thread? I’m on day six of lipotrim and I’m really really struggling now. Getting weighed tomorrow so I’ll have a good chat with the pharmacist but I’m desperate to shift a few stone as soon as humanly possible but I can’t stop thinking about eating!! I’m not even hungry 🙈 thanks x

If you have a good loss this week you will feel so much better and the struggle will be so much easier. I have been off the wagon but again back on and hoping to be in the 13 stone zone by Monday. It is a very hard and strict diet but the losses can be amazing. Have you tried having the powder as hot drinks all day? xx

Yes I’ve tried the hot drinks! I’m not even hungry and I like the drinks but literally all I can think of is a Caprese Salad 🙈 Thanks for the reply, get weighed in the morning so I’m hoping a good loss can spur me on xxx

Back