VLCD to SW?

Morning everyone, hope your all well.
I need some advice please from anyone who's maybe gone from a VLCD to SW? I'm currently on step 2 of cambridge having lost 12 lb but I have decided this diet really isn't for me. I'm not enjoying the shakes any more I miss eating and I feel because of my job and other factors it's not sustainable. So I guess what I'm asking is if I switch to SW will I put 12lb back on?

I just feel SW will give me more as it will help me identify why I over eat etc.

Also I have around 2 stone to loose will this be possible on SW it almost looks to good to be true!

Sorry for the ramble on...
Welly x

I haven't done it myself but there have been other threads on this exact query and the general consensus is that VLCD diets are not sustainable for all but the most dedicated, particularly hard for those that like food ;) which if we are honest is why we are all here anyway ;)

anyhoo the discussion generally goes something like this .... Slimming world is about establishing a healthy relationship with food and about learning your own limits. Swapping from a vlcd to slimming world you are likely to see an initial gain because your body has been existing on approx 800kcal a day (give or take) forcing it into dropping the Lbs. then all of a sudden it gets FOOD and to an extent hangs on to it for dear life. Its unlikely you would gain the whole 12lb back but IF you do gain it will be temporary and will be what I call a false gain because it will disappear fast and isn't exactly you gaining fat so much as your body having the things it needs. On a vlcd your body works with such a massive deficit that the loss is extreme but you are still slowly starving it. It may take a little longer to lose 12lb with slimming world but it never gets boring and you will stay with it well beyond the 12 equivalent loss and you can EASILY lose that 2st. :)

As long as you trust the plan 100%, which can be tricky as Slimming World truly means eat until you are satisfied, embracing carbs, lean meats fruit and veg and so on. I know a member who went from Cambridge to SW and lost 5.5lb in her first week. She didn't expect it and was surprised that she wasn't hungry and had eaten week and expected to gain. I think the main thing is to trust the plan and not add extra bits to make it feel like a diet if you catch my drift.

You'll put on a bit initially and then lose it all the next week! That's what happened to me.

After my vcld my body must've thought hurrayyyy carbs!!! The weight you put on does come off quickly tho it's just your glycogen stores building up again when u start eating normal healthy balanced diet foods, with glycogen comes water molecules but that's all normal so don't be alarmed!

Your body will give it up again once your metabolism adjusts.

I've come off lipotrim. First week I gained 2lbs (but I wasn't overly good) and I'm now 100% on the sw plan after joining group Wednesday. So....fingers crossed this week is a loss xxxx

Back