VLCD vs Baby

JUSTKITTY

So as some of you may have read I thought I might be preggers. Als no :-( I am not.

SO whilst looking at reasons why my totm is a week late, I stumbled across a forum where they were saying that CD can stop you ovulating. I've only just started getting regular totm since coming off the pill in November. Am now worried I am not ovulating and beginning to wonder how long after CD it will take to get totm back on track to concieve.

Im probably worrying about this way too much but the question is popping into my head - whats more important to me?:cry:

Hopefully my holiday will help me make some decisions.

I am now 11st 7lbs (at last weeks weigh in). I wanted to get to 10st 7lbs before uping plans. Part of me says its only another 4-8 weeks of dieting VLCD and once you up your cals your body should return to normal, and part of me says that 4-8 weeks could be making a baby...

I know its not a great deal of time. if I knew my body would return to normal with ovulating straight away rather than months I might find it easier. :(

Oh i don't know!

i had really bad pcos - was told at 18 it was highly unlikely i would fall pregnant naturally due to the state of my ovaries - done cd lost 3 stone and fell pregnant!! i was also on dianette at the time as was taking that to try and bring on periods!!

also doing cd you get 100% of your vits and minerals so your in a healthier position to fall preg xx

cd can send your totm out a bit but i dont believe it stops you ovulating. i also have pcos and ive ovulated near every month on cambridge

I would still stick at this for another month or so and reach your goal. Being at goal weight and PG will be wonderful!

I cant comment on the TOTM and cycles as I am on cerazette and I dont get TOTM at all just now.

i had really bad pcos - was told at 18 it was highly unlikely i would fall pregnant naturally due to the state of my ovaries - done cd lost 3 stone and fell pregnant!! i was also on dianette at the time as was taking that to try and bring on periods!!

also doing cd you get 100% of your vits and minerals so your in a healthier position to fall preg xx

i was told at 18 that i had PCOS and that it would be unlikely that i would have children yet i fell pregnant without losing any weight i wasnt even trying and i now have a 2 and a half year old son,a 15 month old son and a 3 month old daughter.

But they do say there are better chances of getting pregnant while your losing weight. plus its better for you and the baby to not be overweight when your pregnant i must admit i found it quite hard carrying even more extra weight but it was worth it in the end!!!!

Stick ay it for the few weeks to goal.. It's not that long but it is a stone less you'd have to lose after pregnancy..!

Good luck losing and good luck trying..! ;)

I agree you should stick at it :)

I also have PCOS and there is a 10 yr gap between my youngest son and my youngest daughter. I was told I would never have children again.

I lost a stone (with Metformin, tho I was also dx with Cancer so not quite sure which caused the WL) and bang I got pg ;)

You will be in a much better position to be pg when at goal and you`re fit and healthy :D

~*Sprinkling some baby dust your way*~

Xxxx

actually CD will mess your cycle up a bit (bit irregular) but the only thing that will stop you ovulating is PCOS symptoms or a radical VLCD/eating disorder, not a balanced one like CD, more like anorexia etc

Having PCOS the only time I get a regular cycle is on CD or when my weight dips below 13 stone.

Reading your responses I feel a bit humbled and whiny. I guess I am lucky I don't have PCOS to worry about as well. I am going to stick to SS for the next week until my holiday, then SS when I am back to get under the 11st mark and then consider upping to 810 for the rest and review it as I go. Think I am just being whiny because I convinced myself I'd get a BFP and am disappointed.

Still, I wanted to lose the weight originally to be healthy and to weigh less ready for a baby and I'm going to continue to work towards it!!

Thanks ladies xxx

you're not whiny hun! I have a coil fitted as i really don't want another baby now as mirren is only 5 1/2 months and the pill obv didnt work before. I said this to my cdc and she said - be extra careful as you will be getting all your vits and mins and this could help you fall preg ;)

fingers crossed everything goes right for you xxx

Back