VLCD

Gemma809

Hi all,

I am nearly at the end of my first week on around 900 calories a day using protein works vegan meal replacements.

I have been calorie counting since the start of February and lost 11lb but after getting stuck decided to do this.

I’m breastfeeding my 10 month old and sure my body is clinging onto every ounce of fat! Thankfully there has been no impact on my milk. Something I worried about.

I have been having a protein bar, 3 shakes, one slice of toast and a ‘treat’ of steamed carrots/broccoli/cauliflower!

I did cave yesterday and had some microwaved jackets with salt and pepper. Tasted amazing!!!

The headaches have gone but wind has come with full force 😂

My fingers are crossed for weigh in on Friday!

4.5lb down and one more day to go.

Definitely the motivation needed to keep going strong.

I have been more between 900-1000 calories as I’ve had nibbles here and there when feeding the family so very happy!!

5lb down at the end of week 1.

Now for week 2.... going to try my hardest to resist the nibbling this week and not go over 900 calories.

Aiming for the 14 stone bracket... 😜

Well done on your loss. It must be hard with having to feed the family & staying on track. I've restarted a VLCD plan after a break of about 2 years. Trying the Slim & Save diet this time around.
Good luck for week 2

Am not sure a vlcd is a good idea if you are breastfeeding. You could be releasing ketones into your bloodstream. Also you need more calories then you are eating.

Am not sure a vlcd is a good idea if you are breastfeeding. You could be releasing ketones into your bloodstream. Also you need more calories then you are eating.
I have searched and there seems to be limited research in this area. Also little known risks except the extreme cases where there are other significant and overriding factors. More than happy to be corrected though?

My little one is 10 months so not reliant on my milk... though he is a boob monster!! And I have noticed no impact on my milk so right now that’s good enough for me.

A happy baby and happy mama. My weight was getting me down and I was reluctant to leave the house due to anxiety. I’ve noticed a huge difference in my emotional well being too... lockdown has been very hard so I will grab this benefit too.

If there were signs of impact I would stop straight away. I’m a huge breastfeeding advocate and would not want to disturb our journey!!

Well done on your loss. It must be hard with having to feed the family & staying on track. I've restarted a VLCD plan after a break of about 2 years. Trying the Slim & Save diet this time around.
Good luck for week 2
Thank you. It certainly helps seeing the scales go down. The nibbling is the worst but I have been eating fruits/veggies so could be worse. Aiming for no nibbles this week!

I love the idea of the slim & save savoury products. I eat a vegan diet so out of bounds for me. It’s amazing how much veg I can get for 200-300 calories though. Enjoying every bite!

2lb down on weigh in this Friday.

I was feeling a little deflated as I have been trying so hard.

However since the start of February when I started my weight loss journey I have lost:

- 4 inches from under my bust
- 4 inches from my hips
- 2 inches from my bum

So glad I took measurements as it has certainly given me a boost. Especially when I put it back to where I began, it’s a huge loss.

I have been having a treat meal on Friday evenings however still staying within a daily calorie intake of 1200/1300 for the day. Yesterday it was pizza and a passionfruit martini!

Well done Gemma. That's the equivalence of a bag of sugar so a decent loss. I've not written down my measurements so will have to go by clothes getting looser.

Back