Vommiting

lisalulu

Silver Member
Only on day one and just tried a leek and potato soup. As soon as I opened the packet, the smell made me feel nauseous, and I was unable to eat more than a few spoonfuls before throwing up. Is it normal to feel like this?

I find the soups vile, and have nearly vommed when I tried the leek and potato. Sick. Half the battle with cd is finding flavours you like. Good luck!

I haven't tried the leek and potato. I do like the spicy tomato and the chicken and mushroom though, I think they're yummy! Strange really because I don't usually like soup!

I tried a soup on the first of jan as my first shake and i felt the same way but managed to hold it down. The leek and the potatoe is my favourite , to the point where i think i'm addicted to it!! Try it with black pepper in a few weeks , don't write it off!!

The leek and pot is the worst one in my opinion. Love the chick an mush and tomato though. You need to make the tomato carefully to make it nice though, mix to a paste with a little cold and then leave for a minute or two, then add the hot and blend extra well, this makes it creamy, not gritty. yum x

Beware the broccoli & cheese one... it's the work of the devil! That was the one that made me gag, from day one, so you've been warned!
xxx

Hahahaha! Katycakes i was waiting for someone to mention the dreaded broccoli and cheese soup! that one is absolutely rancid! It should be banned!LOL! If any flavour is gonna make somebody give up- it's definately THAT one!!!

Hahahaha! Katycakes i was waiting for someone to mention the dreaded broccoli and cheese soup! that one is absolutely rancid! It should be banned!LOL! If any flavour is gonna make somebody give up- it's definately THAT one!!!

Yeah that ghastly broccoli and cheese:eek:, but the cappucino was the one i couldnt swallow. And so many love the cappucino.:confused:

I felt just the same with all the soups, its not like me, but I was gagging and couldnt manage them, I hope you find something you can enjoy, I like the porridge and the vanilla, toffee and walnut and fruits of the forrest shakes. x

I gagged on all my shakes at first until i tried Choc Mint, I can remember crying sat there thinking Id never ever do this and the I made the one for me, its my fav to this day!!! Keep at it, and remember tastes change throughout, what you hate at first you may love in a few weeks x

OOh agreed, even the smell when I open the packet makes me want to heave.:eek:

Broccoli and cheese, leek and potato eeewwwww - they are vile and if I had to live off them I would be 3 stone :). Love all the shakes especially fruits of the forest, strawberry, chocolate mmmmmm. Got to find the ones that agree with you

Am now very concerned about what is wrong with my taste buds, as my favourites are leek and potatoe and cheese and broccoli. It reminds me of broccoli and stilton rather than just an ordinary cheese!! The one i absolutely hate is the tomato it makes me gag. Makes me wonder what i could've done to my tastebuds over the years as i seem to be the opposite to most!!

I'm not a fan of the soups, the broccoli and cheese one was viiiile!

You just need to find shakes you like. I love chocolate mint and chocolate orange and have these as mousses. Just persevere until you find things you like. Good luck.

E xxx

I don't like any of the soups or the shakes. I survive purely on the porridges I love them, I add a bit of splenda before I cook them. yum yum. The mushroom soup which I tried in my first week made me gag, at that point I was worried i wouldn't do it. I saw my counsellor and she supplied me with all porridge( apple and cinnamon) and i'm happy.

Ginge- Im glad you like the leek and potato, I haven't tried it yet but hope it's Ok because I've got 3 packs before I see my CDC on Thurs! I really should have taken extra shakes but I didn't know what Id like. Only managed about 4 spoonfuls of the oriental chili soup last night.

Angela83, the oriental one was the very first one i've tried and i've never gone back to it! The others i love other than the tomatoe. The soups work for me, was weighed today and have lost five stone since the first of jan, so am very proud of myself!!:)

Back