Wafers??

nicnak100777 said:
Just looking on the site and seen choc or strawberry wafers are these part of the plan??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, but I think you can only have one a day, and there are two in a pack :)

I don't know the latest information on the wafers but when I started on S&S last year, Rob said that the wafers can be instead of pack 3 or 4. You can't have wafers on the same day that you have a bar. Also, you can have both on the same day, but spaced out like one in the morning and then one in the evening (for example). Can't quite remember why you can't have both at the same time though. Something to do with the number of calories or carbs...(???)

I don't know the latest information on the wafers but when I started on S&S last year, Rob said that the wafers can be instead of pack 3 or 4. You can't have wafers on the same day that you have a bar. Also, you can have both on the same day, but spaced out like one in the morning and then one in the evening (for example). Can't quite remember why you can't have both at the same time though. Something to do with the number of calories or carbs...(???)

Maybe the carbs in two of them would cause a bit of a spike in your blood sugar or insulin levels, enough to maybe knock you out of ketosis or create a craving?

I reallllllllly want these, but I don't know if i'm setting myself up for failure by having them because i'm scared it might make me want to eat more and more and more of them all in one go!

Maybe the carbs in two of them would cause a bit of a spike in your blood sugar or insulin levels, enough to maybe knock you out of ketosis or create a craving?

I reallllllllly want these, but I don't know if i'm setting myself up for failure by having them because i'm scared it might make me want to eat more and more and more of them all in one go!

This !! I brought some to have as a treat every day, and I ate all 7 packs in 1 day- sad times.

They are incredibly yummy. I tend to have them on WI day as a treat (my ONLY food related treat). They've also been part of my learning curve in learning to say "later" as well as "no" to myself - my failure to do so has been a huge contributory factor to being so fat all my life.
Why not order a pack and see how it goes? You can't know how you'll get on with them unless you have a go. When I first heard about the wafers, I thought I'd binge on them but I've managed just fine x

I think that there are 6g of net carbs per wafer so in theory even having 2 at once shouldn't spike your blood sugar but I know that when I had them I was rubbish at leaving the second one in the packet to have later on. Somehow an open packet of certain things like this leads to a compulsion in me that makes me completely unable to rest until the packet is empty. Because of that I don't buy them although the freezer idea is a good one. I'm the same with chocolate too. Doesn't matter how big the packet is, I can't rest until it's all gone, so a small bar of choc is much easier to deal with for me than a large bar that's supposed to last a few days. It just doesn't!

BordersGirl said:
I think that there are 6g of net carbs per wafer so in theory even having 2 at once shouldn't spike your blood sugar but I know that when I had them I was rubbish at leaving the second one in the packet to have later on. Somehow an open packet of certain things like this leads to a compulsion in me that makes me completely unable to rest until the packet is empty. Because of that I don't buy them although the freezer idea is a good one. I'm the same with chocolate too. Doesn't matter how big the packet is, I can't rest until it's all gone, so a small bar of choc is much easier to deal with for me than a large bar that's supposed to last a few days. It just doesn't!

I'm only going by what I read tho :)

I'm EXACTLY the same. I can't just eat one bit of chocolate, I have to eat the whole thing, I physically cant control myself. I think the freezing idea is the only way this would work for me

Back