waiting for me to fail!

Thought id add my bit!
I dont have family in this country, all i have is hubby! who is not very supportive:( hes a bit like that! always waiting for me to fall off the wagon! however i dont really care because when i want something i dont really take notice! but recently i have realised that i try so hard to prove him wrong but then i forget the real reasons i am doing it for and i end up just proving him right by falling off the wagon AGAIN!

but i know one day i will get to my goal i want to! i am never giving up untill then:(

suki
p.s is wondering if that ticker will ever move:(

Jules, I do understand... my mum is elderly and I see her every day. She has been buying me cream cakes every week since I started the diet (but she never did before!) and offering biscuits every day. Weird. A couple of months ago she hugged me and said, 'Oh good, you're still big then!'. Um???? It's so hurtful, but the only way to cope if to step back from it somehow and stay strong so it doesn't seep in and undermine you. Hard, I know, but I am learning, and coming to see that my mum has a lot of food issues of her own.

Also have a friend (well, I thought she was) who is just about livid at my weight loss, she has been through the whole 'you mustn't lose any more, you'll start to look ill' and had to drop it as I don't look ill, I look healthier than I have in a long time. So now she keeps telling me (and others, behind my back) that I will get osteoporosis and that my bones will just 'snap' unless I put some weight on. As I am a size 14/16 I doubt that my bones will be snapping anytime soon, but I do find this very hurtful... can't she be pleased for me? Five years ago she lost 6 stone but put most back on, so I guess this is a part of her problem, but I was happy for her then... why can't she be for me?

I think the saboteurs are people with problems of their own, and we have to remember that and refuse to let them derail us. It hurts, but we have to be strong.

And Jules... 22lbs is fab, well done!!!
xxx

Just to add, i agree with everyone else about other peoples negative attitudes.

I def think it is their own insecurity. And i dont think they mean to b nasty.
I think too see us tackle our weight problems,it just highlights their own inabilities to do anything about their own insecurites, which everyone has whatever they may be. So they just feel angry and irritated, prob mostly with themselves and unfortunately we bear the brunt of it, which can come across as nasty at times.

I am with you on this. My family think it is a silly diet and say "you will put it all back on after". But do you know what, that can be said of every single diet going!!!

I would rather go up and down a bit than just continue to get bigger. Anything to try and reduce weight is great in my book.

I do feel that others feel threatened, and that this is only heightened when your weight comes of quickly and they have to start eating their words.

Good luck to all of you and ignore others, they are usually either just concerned about you, do not understand the diet or plain jealous.

CCxx

Well done on your weightloss!

I am sorry you don't feel supported by your mum, she may be worried about what you are doing, have you explained CD to her? she may be jealous, and for that you can do nothing, she may think that you are on yet another diet, and like before you will give up soon so the less support she gives you the quicker you will do it....and we know that isn't the case;) so you may have to bite the bullet and talk to her about CD. I would like to believe that she doesn't know how much her lack of support is hurting you, and you might want to use this as an opportunity to chat to her, about your weight, why you are doing it etc......

and if she really just won't support you remember your man is and we are!:D

See that is the reason why I have decided to only tell my husband and you lot that I am starting CD.

A close family member lost 8st in 2006 on LL and everyone knew she was on t and everyone appeared supportive yet when you delve deeper there is alot of ' well its ok for her because of xyz' or ' well she is obviously starving herself half to death' andother such negitive comments. I did mention in early 2007 that I would look into LL and my mum said that I was being silly as i was fine and 'normal' no issues there. Umm I was actually about 14st and at 5'9 that isn't exactly 'fine'.

Back