Extra Easy SP Waitrose Poached Scottish Salmon Fillets (Lemon & Herb)

tameanseo

Assistance please, to calcuate the SYNS for this as it states on the packaging the Carbs are TRACE but SYNS calculator will not accept it..... aaaaarrrrrggggghh!!!!! Here are the other details, I'm a newbie so if someone could let know how many SYNS I should account for that would be great.

Per 100g
Kcal: 181
Fat:10.5
Carbs: TRACE
Protein: 21.4g
Total weight of fillet: 170g

And can you let me know how u worked it out, so I know for next time. Sorry to bother you, probably obvious but if u can point me in the right direction for next time also. Many thnx x

Ps , picked it up as a treat after my 1st weigh in today (-2.5)!!!

I know @skinnydawn answered you on her thread, they aren't listed in the Syns Online database yet.
But I've just slammed them through the Syns Calculator.
Salmon put in as free food, and for the carbs just enter a 0 (zero) or 0.1 and it will calculate for you.
They come out at FREE!
Bonus !!!! Way better than the 15.5 syns for the 2 fillets.

Remembering to select that it contains free food on the first put screen

Great many thanks Pommette and for explaining the working out !!

Went to a Turkish grill for a meal for a friends birthday today. I selected the Chicken Shish, that came with rice and salad. I did ask for no butter or oil on meat and dressing to be served on the side.

So the chicken is free right... so how many SYNS shall I allow for a 1 x tablespoon rice( SYNS ?) (I think it had butter in not sure ...tasted really nice(so it must have included butter/oil ) and I had a tablespoon of hummus (2.5 SYNS ) and balsamic vinegar on salad ( SYNS ?) It was served with a thin pitta which I avoided and I moved the bread basket out of range !!!
What do you think the damage will be on this ??

They had a daily stew that looked really nice also, decided to steer clear and opted for the chicken shish, not sure was that the correct choice?? My SW book has SYNS value for eating out in Greek restaurants but not Turkish food. Finding the eating out bit of SW difficult hopefully will keep to a minimum as I'm so unsure of the SYNS value in the food.

Congratulation on your weight loss....STUNNING !!! planning on reading your diary shortly for additional inspiration to continue on my weight loss journey. e x

For the rice, it depends if it was fried rice or not. If it's fried, I would be presuming it will have been cooked in oil - a tablespoon of olive oil is 6 syns so I would probably use that as your estimate. But if it's just your regular cooked rice, it will be free. Vinegar is free, including Balsamic vinegar.

For the rice, it depends if it was fried rice or not. If it's fried, I would be presuming it will have been cooked in oil - a tablespoon of olive oil is 6 syns so I would probably use that as your estimate. But if it's just your regular cooked rice, it will be free. Vinegar is free, including Balsamic vinegar.

Many thanks #autumnflower for info. I have had same dish every couple of weeks (approx 3) and it hasn't interfered with my steady weightloss over the last 3 months :woohoo:t.g!!! Planning on doing same in 2017, alternating once a month between a Turkish| Indian restaurants as a treat !!! Many thanks once again for your reply. xx

Back