Wake up - Shape up!

Hello to all you lovely Minimins!

Today, I am at the highest weight of my life and the lowest point in my life. I never thought I would ever weigh this much. What led me to where I am today?

I started gaining weight after being diagnosed with a medical condition (I won't go into that). It's not a condition that causes weight gain, but it has affected my mind-set, outlook on life and general ability to be happy for the past three years. Today I am fed up, I stepped on the scales after being in denial for several months. the number I saw is not pleasant, but it is the harsh reality of what overeating and not exercising has done to my body. My avatar is me at 290lbs, I want to be under 182lbs and I will be.

I, like many of you I am sure, have been all different weights, been on different diets, some successful, some not so much... I am going to go back to intermittent fasting as this is what I used to lose a good amount of weight a few years back before I spiralled. I won't be necessarily doing JUDDD, but I am going to be very low calorie every other day and following slimming world plan on my higher calorie days. So it's a bit of a mash up, but I felt this forum was the most appropriate to post in.

So before I waffle on too much here are my starting stats (Will put my measurements on when I can find the bloody tape measure!!)

Height: 5'6
Current Weight: 290lbs
Lowest Weight: 192lbs
Goal Weight: 182lbs

Chest:
Waist:
Hips:

Before I sign off... good luck to you all, whether you are trying to lose weight and its 100lbs+ or under 10lbs... if you're maintaining or even trying to gain a bit, good luck.

Last edited:
Ok....

Chest: 52inches
Waist: 44inches
Hips: 58inches

Grim, but its a starting point only.

I'm approaching the end of my first low calorie day. I am aiming for 700 calories on my low days and around 14-1600 on higher days (but following slimming world to an extent).

I am using meal replacement shakes on my lower calorie days but also having a tuna salad too. I am trying to aim for 30 minutes of activity, 6 days per week. Today I went on my exercise bike for 30 minutes.

I am feeling ok, fairly positive. Generally I am overwhelmed at the size of the task ahead of me, the amount of weight I need to lose and how far I have let myself go. It's all part of it, I know, but it's a hard pill to swallow.

I am just hoping for some nice steady losses in the weeks ahead.

I know there aren't many people active on this board at the minute, but I figured I would still record everything! I am still going strong and I have had a massive drop in weight since Sunday, -9lbs to be exact so far. I knew I have recently gained 1 stone very rapidly and therefore feel I am carrying a lot of water weight, I am also at a heavy starting weight so that is to be kept in mind if you are reading this.

I am looking forward to a nice steady 2lbs a week going forward, I certainly don't expect big losses to continue, I think it's simply the initial shock to the system and flush of water weight. I am trying to keep low carb whilst doing this too, so that will be a contributing factor.

I am going to be having Monday as official weigh in days as much as I can. I will record weight fluctuations and measurements each time I weigh in too.

Have a good day everyone!

Good luck with it, stay strong. :) Well done on the loss so far!

You're right, this forum isn't very active anymore, most people seem to have moved over to http://foodfighters.boards.net/ .

x

Hi, thanks for that Minerva! I will check out those boards too.

So my first official weigh in and it is currently TOTM:

Week 1: -11lbs (lots of water weight I am sure!)
Chest: 51" (1/2" lost)
Waist: 42.5" (1.5" lost)
Hips: 55" (3" lost)

Very happy and feeling fine. Settled in well to my new routine. At the same time, I know I have a long way to go, but I am now 279lbs, out of the 290's out of the 20 stone bracket and it feels good. I am just taking it one day at a time.

Well done on your loss and settling into your new routine.:)

All forums have gone quite.I like this forum as you can easily post on here everything from your IG or pinterest account. Also easier to follow members.

Thank you!

I think if anything, it's keeping me accountable, making sure I update my weight each week on here and track my progress as I go, so I will continue to do it. I will be able to look back in a few months and see how far I've come. xx

Well done - and good luck :) Looking forward to keep an eye on your progress (and get inspired ;-) )

Hi everyone... still at it. I've lost a total of 14lbs now, really happy with that in two weeks.

Not much really to report, will adjust all my stats tomorrow as I'm shattered this evening!

Back