Waking up in a different body?!

losingit

Silver Member
Well, as the title suggests, i woke up this morning and felt like i was in a different, slimmer body. I've been doing Atkins this time around for 2 months now and lost 1 and a half stone, but was still feeling my fat self and kept wondering where the weight had gone from (and no real movement on the tape measure either).

So i'm surprised to wake up this morning, and the scales show zero loss compared to the past few days, yet everything on my body feels "tight". My jeans slide down over my hips without me undoing them and my belly feels noticeably smaller. My neck feels really weird, all light and tight where my double chin was. It actually feels like i've dropped 2 stone overnight, very very strange! Not that i'm complaining, it's great motivation as my losses were getting slow/boring, but it's just weird.

Anyone else get this or am i just a nutter?

Yes recognise this feeling! :D

Hi,

I have just started reading the Atkins thread as need to get the stone off that I have put on since April last year.

I do know exactly what you mean, I got down to my lowest weight ever last April and felt just like that when I was trying on size 10 clothes including my wedding dress. Even as a teenager at school I was a size 16 and that was in the days when I believe the sizes were bigger !

Well done on your loss, and enjoy the feeling. :)

I haven't had that feeling :( ..yet! Thorough edit now I have the cat sitting on my full bladder and that isn't nice at all:( lol!

Looking forward to things feeling better. I have gone down a jeans size but don't feel smaller.

LOL Honda! If you're anything like me you feel guilty making the cat get up...you know that look that they give you, right?

Back on topic, I feel this every morning. It's like my brain goes "Time to get up now....whoa. You skinny, girl!". I feel light. Sometimes I feel it more even when I haven't lost anything, so definitely not just you, losingit. Must be a mood thing.

I've also developed a terrible habit of looking at myself in any reflective surface whilst walking along the street. I can't get used to the person I see, it's like me but not me. If you're ever in Cardiff and see a distracted looking woman grinning at windows, do come and say hello!

haha i do that walking past the windows staring at myself thing too, and i haven't lost anywhere near as much weight as you. It's quite addictive.

Hi losing it, you have described exactly how I am feeling, several people at work have commented on my weightloss, I have only lost 10lbs but feel like I have lost inches all over. What a great feeling!

Back