Wales Daily Diary...

Not many sleeps left now... hope you are feeling a bit better, Wales!

xxx

Hey wales,
Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

xx

Hey y'all. I can't believe that I still have this stinking cold. It is over 2 weeks since I started and today the sinus congestion is back with a nasty headache and more nose blowing action than I have seen in years (yuk I know!) Plus I have a huge red cold sore on my nizzle and really chapped lips - such a gorgeous look ;)

We had heavy snow last night and this morning so had to cancel a trip up to my mum and dads this afternoon which is a shame. OH is working until 8.30 this evening and I am going to pick him up so can't really relax until after that. But then we don't need to leave the village for two whole days. Tomorrow we are round the corner at my in laws for lunch and then Boxing Day we will walk to the village pub for the afternoon. I love not having to go far.

Managed to get my backside off the setee this afternoon and the house is mostly clean and we don'y have visitors until Sunday so not so important. Am just watching Shrek 2, which I love.

I can't wait to start the new year, and whilst there will be a weight loss/ management new years resolution, am so thankful I don't have as far to go as this time last year.

Happy Christmas to all my Minis friends. Thank you for all your support and kind words over the past months xxx

Big hugs lovely Wales and enjoy your Christmas... it sounds perfect!

xxx

Yay all - think the cold has finally gone, head feels clear today which is such a great relief, I didn't want to have to get some antibiotics to clear it up.

Diet begins again tomorrow, going to aim for around 1400 cals per day. Have had (more than) enough of treat and what I fancy over the last week or so.

My new years resolution is going to be around greed, and beating it well and truly. That is something I haven't fixed or contained since coming off CD.

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas!

Good Luck for tomorrow Wales! Like you I feel like I've had enough treats to last me a life time, but then the evening comes and somehow I find myself with a chocolate bar in one hand and a glass of red in the other :eek:

Had a good start today but lost it this evening - will try again tomorrow!

Good riddance to your cold!! - I think I'm coming down with one but am hoping it will not go past the "sniffles" stage..

In the words of my (very wise mother) "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today" or "today is the first day of the rest of your life" but not "I didn't come down the Clyde in a bike you know"...

Better eating choices and habits start now, well about a couple of hours ago. I need to get away from the anything goes mentality, the just one more choc won't hurt, it is Christmas after all so go on then...

So I feel like I am starting on SS again, getting through hour by hour. Have had cereal for breakfast early doors so I certainly don't need scrambled eggs until at least lunchtime. Arrrgh, it is hard getting away from the anytime anyplace anything rules...

I am working from home today, so am away from the temptations at work and there isn't too much food in the house. Just the mind battles at the moment, and it is only 9.30!!!

OH has decided he would like "party food" nibbles for dinner tonight, rather than a meal so I am going to get some carb loaded bits for him and some salad and dips for me.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year, wishing everyone the best for 2010.

X

Brave girl, you can do it... I will be doing it too, but in two days time, on 2nd. Hope you had a fabby Xmas and have a lovely New Year tonight, hope that 2010 brings you all that you would wish.

xxx

Happy New Year Wales!
Wishing you a fabulous 2010!

xx

2010 here you are, welcome!

It is so liberating to start the year without the huge shadow of all that weight I lost last year. I can't remember exactly how I felt this time last year but if I were to guess it would've been full of best intentions to diet and exercise but without any real conviction. The thought of doing a VLCD was a little further forward than the very back of my mind. I had a holiday to New York to look forward to, but looking back at the photos I can't have been happy or comfortable as I looked so big and unhealthy. The flight on the way back was cramped and uncomfortable and it was at that point I decided that CD was the way forward.

All things considered Christmas hasn't been horrendous on the scales, about 6lbs. Added to the increase since I stopped SS that is just over a stone which I am not pleased with but c'est la vie, and life does come first. But compared to the weight I had to lose this time last year I am thrilled, positive I can make the changes I need to lose that stone and perhaps another. Fingers crossed IVF will start in April, so a mini target there to get the first stone off by then.

Happy New Year to all my Mini's pals ;)

Have a great 2010 Lovely Wales... I guess we should all be celebrating what we have achieved in the past year... good to remember that as we start to look ahead. All the best honey!

xxx

2010 here you are, welcome!

It is so liberating to start the year without the huge shadow of all that weight I lost last year. I can't remember exactly how I felt this time last year but if I were to guess it would've been full of best intentions to diet and exercise but without any real conviction.
All things considered Christmas hasn't been horrendous on the scales, about 6lbs. Added to the increase since I stopped SS that is just over a stone which I am not pleased with but c'est la vie, and life does come first. But compared to the weight I had to lose this time last year I am thrilled, positive I can make the changes I need to lose that stone and perhaps another. ;)

Brilliant Wales, thanks for the inspiration. Great news for April! xx

Happy New Year Wales :)

Hope it is a fantastic New Year for you.

What a wonderfully inspirational and positive post - keeping it all in perspective x

Hey hon..
Great positive post to start the new year!!! and look how well you did last year!!!
I hope and pray that everything works out for you hon and you start IVF in April........ I have everything crossed for you....
I feel so much when I see others that are going through IVF having been there myself.. and I have my precious son who has just turned 4.. so hang in there hon it will happen and stay positive..
lots of love and hope all your dreams come true this year !!! xxxx

Thanks for all the New Year wishes!

Currently stuck at home for half an hour or so - the snow has been pretty heavy here for the last three hours. I take my mother in law to work every morning, usually takes 25 mins to get back to our village and then I carry on to my work. This morning took over an hour and when I got back to drive through here it was gridlocked - the ways out towards my work are all up hill, not major hills but sufficient to be a problem on mornings like this. Plus the two primary schools and one high school in this area are open so there is still school traffic (all others in the wider area are shut!). So rather than sit in traffic for a further 90 mins thought I would wait at home and see how it is in half an hour or so. Just watching the cricket from South Africa, definitely on the wrong side of the world at the moment ;)

Food choices were good yesterday, tough to keep to small portions but got through it. Picked at too many little chocs last evening but much more restrained than recent days. Showed on the scales this morning so pleased with that.

Had a couple of unplanned slices of toast and marmite since getting in, but mind was telling me to have another and another and ... but I didn't, just put my plate in the kitchen and sat on the sofa and logged on. Mini steps, small victories - yay!

Hope everyone keeps safe and warm in this winter whiteout. Might use the next 20 mins wisely and start to take the decs off the tree, give myself a headstart on this evening.

x

Hi Wales, we are snowed/iced in too and now the water's gone off....Lovely to see you so positive and congratulations on limiting the toast and marmite! Schools are closing here and all the children being sent home, but since we couldn't get out ours are here anyway. Just like you, not big hills but even small slippery ones make it difficult to get out. Thankfully I can work from home today; mind you I have a streaming cold, so I probably shouldn't have gone to spread that around either! South Africa....warm....sunny......ooh, nice. Some friends of ours are off to New Zealand soon for 6 weeks, it'll be spring when they come back. Ah well, I'll make a cup of tea and pore over the Marshall's seed catalogue which came today and no doubt order too much stuff which will never get planted! Ho hum.... :rolleyes: xxx

Back