Walking?

ScattyKatty

How much walking on average does everyone do everyday?
I've heard its the best exercise and when I counted up the amount i'm charging up and down the school I realised I do about 2hrs and 45mins each day.
At the moment I don't drive but am due to take my test soon and am worried that my walking will drop to minimum when I pass :confused:
I only walk so much because I have to not because I like trudging through the cold and rain.

Does anyone have any motivation apart from 'having to' to keep my walking up after I pass my test :D

Get thee a pedometer :D I have one as an app on my phone. I typically do around 14000 steps a day.

I had my arm in plaster recently so couldn't drive. I realised how much I miss not walking places. So have given up my car for most things. Saving fuel in the process and keeping my car cleaner. The track to the farm is muddy in winter, very dusty in summer. I hate cleaning the car!.
I also found that it can take me up to 20 mins one way in the car due to heavy traffic so saving time isn't really as much as I would like to think.

I walk to the farm and back everyday. A cute little 5 mile round trip. Takes me about 1hr 20 mins.

As a family we like to go hiking in the Derbyshire Peak district but that is not an everyday thing.

Oh i'd love to live in the country (i'm assuming you do from your description?). I live on the outskirts of our city next to a blocked off lane which is so overgrown it is starting to look rural lol but thats about as much fresh air as I get on a normal day. The trip to the school is unfortunately along main roads :( so not that enjoyable a route.
I can't wait till summer and then hopefully with my licence i'll be able to drive to country and have long scenic walks x

get a pedometer, then set yourself a target, and if you get there by the end of the week treat yourself to something, nice bubbly bath or a creme egg, whatever takes your fancy

I've got a pedometer on it's way, very much looking forward to keeping a track of my walking.
At the moment, I hardly walk at all.... It's got quite bad. I live in the middle of nowhere and there are no streetlights, so you can't really walk here when it's dark, it's not safe. And with the weather recently! Ack!
So I got this pedometer and decided that enough is enough!! Going to get moving!!!!

I also live on the edge of a city. Go one way I am in the middle of the city centre, go the opposite direction and I am out in the countryside. Best of both worlds. :) I am about an hours drive from the peak district.

Back