Walking ....

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
Does anyone know how many calories I will hv burned with walking. I decided to walk tonight from work to train station which was 30mins. I then walked a further 10mins after I got off train. This is all new to me. I don't walk much at all but today I did. Knackered now tho!! Xx

I was thinking of getting a fitbit. How does it calculate ur steps tho? My work trousers don't have pockets to put it in

Oh and calories will depend on a lot of things...speed, steepness of walk etc and a bigger person will burn off more then a smaller person even if they do exactly the same as bigger is carrying more weight

I used to walk by distance and as I lost weight I would put weighty items in a rucksack so I weighed the same overall.

Thanks girls!! I am def going to start doing more walking. Any extra will do as I don't tend to walk much anyway. I am determined to loose wright this time!!! How ru all getting on? I started yesterday and don't know if I am doing it right x

Hello

I have downloaded Endomondo for my phone, its on Android, and its brilliant, tracks how far you have walked, how long it took you and how many calories you have used. It is free or you can pay less than £2 for the pro edition, I love it. Plus you can add your facebook account and it uploads all your walks to it.
It also can be used for jogging, running, cycling
And seeing as most people carry their phone with them most of the time, better than having another item to look after!

The endomondo sounds great!

I walk for an hour every day now that I`m back on SW.

Apart from helping me to lose weight, I feel better afterwards!

Every Saturday we go for a walk it is always 6 ish miles and it really helps our weight loss..... Our favourite one is blackpool, from gynn square to the pleasure beach and back again, it's 6 miles and all flat......that's where we will be this weekend....love it when it's quiet too :)

Back