Wannabslim - got my BFP after mc, at long last!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone

Just popping in to say hi. I had a mc last May at 5.5 weeks and after trying ever since, we dinally got a BFP about 2.5 weeks ago! So excited and just hoping n praying that this little bean sticka.

Had a scan 2 days ago- approx 5w5d and saw yolk sack but nothing else. Going back on 28th for a further scan when hopefully we'll see the heartbeat if all is well.

What I'm finding strange is my weird nausea that only seems to set in when I start eating...anyone else had this?

xxx

Hi hun congrats u must be chuffed :) must be so excited for ur next scan. My 12 week was booked for 28th but moved to 2nd April which seems so much further away lol

I'm the opposite with sickness, eating makes the nausea ease off, however if I eat when I'm not particularly hungry I feel sick but I suppose that's common when not pregnant

Good luck with ur pregnancy :) x

Hey :) congratulations.

I was the same, every time I ate it made me feel ill. I'm 17w 3d now and that's almost gone. For the first 12 weeks all I managed to eat was haribo and crisps. I'm eating proper now tho. Thank god.
I'm fine through the day but as soon as I eat my dinner I gotta go to sleep lol. I'm sleeping at least 10 hours a night.
It says on my app I should have a glow?? Not see it yet lol

I've got my next scan 2 weeks on Wednesday, I really can't wait to find out what I'm having xx

Heya, 9 sleeps til scan, it can't come soon enough!

Nausea has eased off a bit when eating and is now more if a general background nausea and lack of appetite. Randomly put on 7lbs at start of pregnancy but it has "whooshed" off again as quickly as it came on! Today I managed a proper meal, allbeit having to be something very specific! So progress is being made. Am also loving fruit! What have you found has changed about your appetite (especially in first 12 weeks)?

xxx

hey, i wish i was craving fruit lol
ive found i cant eat when not hungry, which is so not like me, can be a right pig lol. feel bloated and unwell if i eat and dont need it.
cravings: pickle and orange fruit juice. hated pickle before pregnancy, now im having several pickle and cheese sandwiches a day, infact just had one for my dinner lol.
good luck for scan not long now :) x

That's really interesting!

Since my last post I have gone the other way and now seem to crave strong flavoured crisps and more carby things. Darnit! Am thinking of joining SW as know that I am on the borderline for BMI 35 (stupidly I told the midwife to go with the slightly shorter side of my height (I'm 5'5'' and a half, told her to go with 5.5))! and I am worried that my weight is going to put me at higher risk of complications etc. Plus I really don't want to gain any weight as I'm already heavy enough, so although I expect to put on some, I'm hoping it might be managed if I do SW.

Off on hols tomorrow so planning to do daily aquafit and eat lots of yummy fresh fruits, salads and veggies (along with the carbs and the protein of course!) and when I get back am going back to swimming 3x a week and eating well, maybe on SW if I can.

Am in my 12th week now, scary how the time flies! So pleased to have got this far and not gained any weight yet! Appetite is back now so am having to be careful...heard the heartbeat today (neighbour has lent me her doppler :)) and at my 9+5 scan all was well, bubs was moving around and kicking!

Hope you're all doing ok ladies xx

hey, i wish i was craving fruit lol
ive found i cant eat when not hungry, which is so not like me, can be a right pig lol. feel bloated and unwell if i eat and dont need it.
cravings: pickle and orange fruit juice. hated pickle before pregnancy, now im having several pickle and cheese sandwiches a day, infact just had one for my dinner lol.
good luck for scan not long now :) x
Hi, just read your cheese and pickle sandwich craving made me giggle. That's all I craved when I was pregnant with my daughter. Had three boys after her and never had that craving with them. Congrats on pregnancy no 2...

Back