Want to do it this time. Can I join?

cyprusbride

Hi all.

I am 28 almost 29 and very overweight. At 5ft 6" I weigh a very heavy 18st 4lbs :wave_cry:!
As a younger child I was skinny untill I hit puberty and the weight started to pile on. I lost alot and looked great when I was 16/17 then it slowly but surely pled on. Every time I went on a diet I would be great the first few days 2 weeks at the most then id start to cheat here and there and before I knew it I was 1/2 stone heavier than when I started.
My 4 year old has started making comments like "look at your big tummy mummy" and if she says it I am sure her friends will say it to her and I dont want her getting teased for having a "fat" mummy.
On Wednesday 27th July 2011 I took my first step and joined weight watchers. I hope this is a diet that will work for me and enable me to loose what I need to (which is soooooooooo much).
I am on day 3 of the plan and have had 2 days 100%. I even went a half hour brisk walk last night and plan to do the same tonight.
I hope you dont mind me joining in. I like joining forums but the weight watchers one seems to have alot of "friends on it" and I felt it was hard to join in.

Thanks for reading if you have gotten this far.

xx

I am new on here too but everyone seems very welcoming and supportive. I too have found other forums a bit daunting and clicky but this one seems fab :)

Good luck with the weight loss, keep us updated on your losses - reading the big loss stories and seeing people's before and after photos is such a big motivation I defo recommend it on a bad day!

Gemma x

Hey welcome! I'm in the same boat with the cliques a little bit.

I've got about 3/4 stone to lose after already having lost 5st so far with weightwatchers. I was 19st 10lb when I started and I'm 5foot 6 too

Good luck! The first week I found weird as you're so motivated but theres lots of work to do working out the points in everything and weighing everything (if you're like me weighing things like pasta or cereal will be an alien concept!)

Hope its going well xx

hello and welcome :)

I too have a lot to lose, but its coming off slowly but surely!

You will get lots of advice and support on here, we are a friendly lot :)

have you considered starting a diary? its been a godsend to me and kept me motivated, everyone is so supportive :)

Keep posting, good luck, i look forward to chatting with you :)

Back