Want to start again but is it available?

happyhappy

Hi there:)

I lost two stone last year with the help of prescription Orlistat. Basically I ate almost no fat and had very little problem with oily/orange poo! I also cut down on calories from biscuits, cakes etc and I lost half to a pound a week. Then there was an Orlistat shortage and I couldn't get any. I have managed to pretty much maintain my weight except for a couple of pounds but would now like to tackle the other four that need to go. I could lose another two before my BMI would be such that my doc would not precribe it any more I think. The problem is that without the threat of the dietary effects of the Orlistat, I find it so hard to reduce my fat consumption.
I know my GP would prescribe it if it is available as most of my weight gain was due to medication and she has always been ok. I don't want to bother her with an appointment if it is still unavailable though. Does anyone know?
Look forward to sharing my success......if I can!

Happyhappy

Hi most of us have had our prescriptions filled now, so I would check with a local Pharmacy, and see if they have any stock. I'm in Middlesex and we now have supply.

Good luck

Thanks for that.I did ask my usual chemist but the assistant on was a bit flustered...maybe new...and didn't seem to know. I will ask when I go in again next week!

Back