WANTED - Chicken Biryani WITH a Veg curry.

Sueschoices

Life's full of choices
You know when you used to order a biryani from the Indian take-away or a restaurant, it came with a vegetable curry?

I NEED a recipe for both the chicken biryani AND the vegetable curry. Can't find one anywhere not even one I can easly adapt.

HELP ME PLEASE!! lol

looking forward to replies so I begin cooking :)

I'm not much help but I'll look out to see if someone replies - I always, always have chicken biryani when we have indian. Well, I always used to - can't say I've had any take-aways or been to an indian restaurant since starting SW!

I should think making up a vegetable curry might be easy enough, I just don't know how they cook the chicken & rice and make them all dry. Do you think they use already cooked rice?

Oooh, doby, sounds lovely. I might have to put that on this week's shopping list. Thanks hun.

I was just recommending Lamb Biryani to a friend and thinking I wouldn't be having one of those for while.

Thanks for the tip :)

you can buy a chicken biryani spice mix in the supermarket,i got mine in sainsbury's its made by swhartskoff or how ever you spell it !!!! the directions are on the packet. easy peasy tastes lovley i made it last week

Oooooo syn free?? *claps all excitedly*:D Thank you, thank you. Do you make a veg curry to go with it?

I always, always have chicken biryani when we have indian. Well, I always used to - can't say I've had any take-aways or been to an indian restaurant since starting SW!

I should think making up a vegetable curry might be easy enough, I just don't know how they cook the chicken & rice and make them all dry. Do you think they use already cooked rice?
Looks like you and I are in for a treat even on SW lol. Still need a recipe for a chunky Indian veg curry to go with it!! As for the using of cooked rice...I really dont know sorry :/

you can buy a chicken biryani spice mix in the supermarket,i got mine in sainsbury's its made by swhartskoff or how ever you spell it !!!! the directions are on the packet. easy peasy tastes lovley i made it last week
I shopped at Tesco and bought a Schwartz Chicken Biryani recipe mix with roasted spices (30g)..3.5 syns but serves 4 so I'll round it up to 4 syns and and have my portion as 1. It looks great, but still need a veg curry lol

Thanks Doby and Lexie...We've just eaten chicken biryani and veg curry total 1 syn per serving, with a mini corriander and garlic naan, 8 syns, and a chicken tikka starter with yogurt and mint dip, 0 syns. It was all amazing and we're stuffed!!!!

Chicken Tikka with a Mint Dip

500ml syn free natural yogurt
tikka spice blend
3 chicken skinless breasts
jar of mint sauce.

To serve

Iceburg lettuce
Onion
Lemon juice

Pour 3/4 of the pot of yogurt into a big container and add some of the powdered tikka mix, keep stirring and tasting, until it's to your liking.

Chop the chicken into cubes and toss into the yogurt tikka, leave covered and refrigerated all day or over night.

Once marinated, line an oven try with foil and spray with fry light. Pour the chicken and all the yogurt into the try. Place in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until the yogurt starts to evaporate and the chicken goes dark brown.

DIP
As the chicken is cooking add some mint sauce (enough for your taste) to the remaining natural yogurt you saved from the 500ml pot and stir.

Serve the chicken on a bed of shredded iceburg lettuce and chopped onion. Squeeze lemon over them then place the hot chicken on top. Spoon on the dip or leave on the side.

As an alternative to the powder spice mix I use some pataks curry paste (I have most of the flavours ;)) which work out at between 2 & 3 syns per tablespoon. 2 tbls generally cooks into 4 portions and makes a lovely tasting curry or biryani (I make this alot - my OHs fav :D)

OMG I am so glad I bought the ingredients for this, that looks so good!

Nice presentation too, I really like having a chunky salad to go with a curry, especially if it is on the hot side :)

Back