Wanted to share my thoughts...

Chr15

Hi

I hope this post helps somebody in some way. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the last two months.

When I first walked into my Slimming World Group, apart from being terrified (blokes don't handle things like that well) I also wasn't convinced it would work.

I didn't know how much I weighed when I walked in and the reality truly shocked me. Especially as the amount I have to loose was the exact weight of my 6yr old son :eek:

I was being told I could eat as much as I liked of certain foods and could even enjoy some of the stuff I shouldn't eat.

Despite not being convinced I stuck to it for the first week and lost 7lbs. The rest is history really I'm hoping to have lost 2 stone next week.

This morning my 8 year old daughter actually said I looked much nicer now! - that's had me smiling all day.

The support I've had from my group is great and in particular one lady who made my first two weeks much easier (mugshots for emergencies ;) ) .

So if you're flagging, struggling or feeling crap about what you've just eaten stick with it because it really does work......

I'll get off my soap box now :D

Thanks for sharing Chris - just when I needed a bit of a pep talk too!

Had a bad weekend away at a bike rally after doing OK last week and losing 2lbs I think I may well have put them back on this week :eek: (I am resisting the urge to get on the scales before my weigh in day on Friday).

I won't beat myself up about it though, just haul myself off the floor and get back on track!

This thread made me smile... On a morning when I got up feeling a little disenchanted with my progress, my losses are small and compared to others my weight loss slow... I know the plan works, I also know that age and metabolic rates are against me... Reading your story made me shake myself mentally... It's time to really just hang in there, I am doing ny best, and at the very least I am not gaining... Thank you...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

thanks for sharing Chris - i am feeling all mixed up about SW as i am have been on the plan for what seems like AGES! but i think your positive vibes are coming through this post and cheering me up.

Thanks x

Back