1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted to share my thoughts...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Chr15, 31 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Chr15

Chr15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World

I hope this post helps somebody in some way. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the last two months.

When I first walked into my Slimming World Group, apart from being terrified (blokes don't handle things like that well) I also wasn't convinced it would work.

I didn't know how much I weighed when I walked in and the reality truly shocked me. Especially as the amount I have to loose was the exact weight of my 6yr old son :eek:

I was being told I could eat as much as I liked of certain foods and could even enjoy some of the stuff I shouldn't eat.

Despite not being convinced I stuck to it for the first week and lost 7lbs. The rest is history really I'm hoping to have lost 2 stone next week.

This morning my 8 year old daughter actually said I looked much nicer now! - that's had me smiling all day.

The support I've had from my group is great and in particular one lady who made my first two weeks much easier (mugshots for emergencies ;) ) .

So if you're flagging, struggling or feeling crap about what you've just eaten stick with it because it really does work......

I'll get off my soap box now :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Annya

Annya Slimming tortoise :o)

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie counting
    Thanks for sharing Chris - just when I needed a bit of a pep talk too!

Had a bad weekend away at a bike rally after doing OK last week and losing 2lbs I think I may well have put them back on this week :eek: (I am resisting the urge to get on the scales before my weigh in day on Friday).

I won't beat myself up about it though, just haul myself off the floor and get back on track!
  4. GothGoddess

GothGoddess Time to start again!

This thread made me smile... On a morning when I got up feeling a little disenchanted with my progress, my losses are small and compared to others my weight loss slow... I know the plan works, I also know that age and metabolic rates are against me... Reading your story made me shake myself mentally... It's time to really just hang in there, I am doing ny best, and at the very least I am not gaining... Thank you...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins
  5. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

That put a smile on my face :)
  6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

thanks for sharing Chris - i am feeling all mixed up about SW as i am have been on the plan for what seems like AGES! but i think your positive vibes are coming through this post and cheering me up.

Thanks x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.