Wanted to share my thoughts...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Chr15, 31 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Chr15

Chr15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

I hope this post helps somebody in some way. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the last two months.

When I first walked into my Slimming World Group, apart from being terrified (blokes don't handle things like that well) I also wasn't convinced it would work.

I didn't know how much I weighed when I walked in and the reality truly shocked me. Especially as the amount I have to loose was the exact weight of my 6yr old son :eek:

I was being told I could eat as much as I liked of certain foods and could even enjoy some of the stuff I shouldn't eat.

Despite not being convinced I stuck to it for the first week and lost 7lbs. The rest is history really I'm hoping to have lost 2 stone next week.

This morning my 8 year old daughter actually said I looked much nicer now! - that's had me smiling all day.

The support I've had from my group is great and in particular one lady who made my first two weeks much easier (mugshots for emergencies ;) ) .

So if you're flagging, struggling or feeling crap about what you've just eaten stick with it because it really does work......

I'll get off my soap box now :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Annya

Annya Slimming tortoise :o)

Start Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.6lb(5.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Thanks for sharing Chris - just when I needed a bit of a pep talk too!

Had a bad weekend away at a bike rally after doing OK last week and losing 2lbs I think I may well have put them back on this week :eek: (I am resisting the urge to get on the scales before my weigh in day on Friday).

I won't beat myself up about it though, just haul myself off the floor and get back on track!

4. GothGoddess

GothGoddess Time to start again!

This thread made me smile... On a morning when I got up feeling a little disenchanted with my progress, my losses are small and compared to others my weight loss slow... I know the plan works, I also know that age and metabolic rates are against me... Reading your story made me shake myself mentally... It's time to really just hang in there, I am doing ny best, and at the very least I am not gaining... Thank you...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

5. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

That put a smile on my face :)

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

thanks for sharing Chris - i am feeling all mixed up about SW as i am have been on the plan for what seems like AGES! but i think your positive vibes are coming through this post and cheering me up.

Thanks x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.