Wanting carbs all the time help!!

peggypig

Silver Member
Im sticking to plan 99.99% of the time but the thing that is tripping me up at the moment is wanting carbs from late afternoon into the evening its driving me BL**DY mad. Im eating enough and well but dont know how to stop this after Ive eaten bread or Ryvitas Im looking for some more GRRRRR. Any ideas am I lacking in some sort of vitamins? I am doing Green days :mad:

It's not a question of lacking vitamins, it's the age-old problem of wanting what you think you can't have. But if you are doing Green days I am not sure what the problem is - you can have carbohydrates. Potatoes, pasta, rice . . .

If you are craving carbs and doing green days go eat some. Make up some pasta or have a jacket potato. Doesn't go to the extent of making it another meal but snack size portion. No reason you can't have it.

also, check your vitamin B intake. your body could be craving carbs to stave off tiredness, and tiredness can be helped with vitamin b....

and what the others said. eat carbs, go on! enjoy!

I find read triggers cravings for more bread! Do Green days and use your HEB for meat or oil or nuts and see if the cravings drop off.

try making a SW quiche with pasta n sauce and loads of superfree to nibble on, or I like a hi fi bar with a coffee in the afternoon x

I didnt make myself very clear I said carbs when I really meant bread and biscuits, for some reason Ive been wanting these more lately. It has eased off a bit now thank goodness.

Thanks for the replies

I didnt make myself very clear I said carbs when I really meant bread and biscuits, for some reason Ive been wanting these more lately. It has eased off a bit now thank goodness.

Thanks for the replies

I find that too and I found for me at least it's easier to go without as the smallest amount makes me want more.

I find read triggers cravings for more bread!

Tell me about it. I've had a real struggle this last week after a celebration weekend away for my folks 50th. More bread than I've eaten in months and I was just left wanting more and more...still fighting it a week later.

Have you tried the WW petit pans as a HexB ? They satisfy my bread craving more than wholemeal
No...might give it a go though.
Having said that I have my HexB niche when I get home from work - my danger zone foodwise! That's when I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast and marmite. Yum.

Korrigan said:
No...might give it a go though.
Having said that I have my HexB niche when I get home from work - my danger zone foodwise! That's when I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast and marmite. Yum.

Mmmm... My favourite is making 'pizza' with bread. Mmm... I'll be making some for tea :)

Mmmm... My favourite is making 'pizza' with bread. Mmm... I'll be making some for tea :)
How do you do that? :confused:
I rarely eat pizza as bread generally does not agree with me. I think that's half the problem - you always crave the things that you really shouldn't have don't you?

Korrigan said:
How do you do that? :confused:
I rarely eat pizza as bread generally does not agree with me. I think that's half the problem - you always crave the things that you really shouldn't have don't you?

I toast the bread (HexB) slightly, then spread tomato paste, cheese (HexA), & anything else on top then stick it under the grill for a little :)

Back