Wanting to loose more once at target

x-tuesdayemma-x

Silver Member
Hi everybody i just wondered if theres a way around this .... I set my target at 8st7 when i reached it the other week, ive now decided i want to loose a little bit more, however slimming world states if you drop below your target and want to loose more you have to set a new target but it has to be at least 7lbs below the origional target. But im not allowed to loose that much , because it would take me past my lowest acceptable weight. Is there a way to be allowed to loose abit more?

If your consultant is a jolly nice person, then yes there is. The 7lb thing is a deterrent to stop people declaring target, then shifting down by a lb or two, until they get to the weight they REALLY want to be at, in order to get free access. However, the consultant has discretion to adjust target and can choose to set it less than the 7lb if they think it is appropriate.

Be sure you do want to really move it, your BMI is already at the lower end of healthy, give yourself a stiff talking to, do you REALLY think you need to lose more, or are you just missing the feeling of losing? I went too low with mine, and started to look, frankly, a bit rubbish, but then I'm older and taller. People started to comment that I looked drawn and not very well. Half a stone back the other way and I am a lot healthier looking. So do be absolutely sure that you really do want to lose more because you have more to lose, and not because you are just a bit lost at target now with what to do next.

You cannot move your target to anything below +3 on the minimum acceptable BMI for your height however, as you cannot remain a member if you were to go out of range and into "underweight".

Thank you for your help :) i do miss the feeling of losing so think maybe i do need to think a little bit more before i commit but what you have said has been very helpful x

I found I had the exact same thing going on with my head. I LOVED losing, it was such a buzz getting on the scales and seeing a good loss, it was almost addictive. Got to what I intended as target, and felt horribly lost, and like I wasnt "done" yet. So I lost another stone and a bit. Which was too far. I should have stopped about 5lb earlier really. I think as much as anything, I wanted to see how far I could go, and extend the fun of losing that little bit longer. Having previously been very obese for a long time, I wanted to see what I was capable of.

I am MUCH happier with how I look now, than I was half a stone lighter ago.

Hi- here is your way around it. NHS BMI claculator says that 7st13lb is still within healthy BMI range of someone 5ft3, so you should be fine to change this target (in fact NHS BMI calculator would let you get down to 7.7lb but thatis a bit low IMH) Besides, you are still 0.5lb from target so you haven't actually reached it yet, so you should be ok to change to 8st. However, be sure you really want to 8st and just under is quite low. Depends on your build wether that would actually look good

*reminises for a bit* back in the day when I had no weight issues I weighed just under 8st and it was a good healthy looking weight for me as I have a small build (and I thoughtI was FAT! Maybe i did have weight issues..just the other way)

Anyway, one long rambly post later:
1) If you want to change target to 8st you should be able to
2) Have a good think if it's right for you : this site is quite interesting for determing healthy weight based on height and your build (it all depends on your wrist measurement) Clark State Community College - Weight Charts
3) I used to live in Leeds/Wakefield too ( in particular that limbo land known as East Ardsley) lol

Hi- here is your way around it. NHS BMI claculator says that 7st13lb is still within healthy BMI range of someone 5ft3, so you should be fine to change this target (in fact NHS BMI calculator would let you get down to 7.7lb but thatis a bit low IMH) Besides, you are still 0.5lb from target so you haven't actually reached it yet, so you should be ok to change to 8st. However, be sure you really want to 8st and just under is quite low. Depends on your build wether that would actually look good

*reminises for a bit* back in the day when I had no weight issues I weighed just under 8st and it was a good healthy looking weight for me as I have a small build (and I thoughtI was FAT! Maybe i did have weight issues..just the other way)

Anyway, one long rambly post later:
1) If you want to change target to 8st you should be able to
2) Have a good think if it's right for you : this site is quite interesting for determing healthy weight based on height and your build (it all depends on your wrist measurement) Clark State Community College - Weight Charts
3) I used to live in Leeds/Wakefield too ( in particular that limbo land known as East Ardsley) lol

Thanks, that charts helpful :) WOAH 7st 7?! on all the bmi charts ive looked at before that has been really quite underweight. i did reach my target last week but i celebrated a little with food hence the half a lb on lol, Having a peak at the scales though and i think ive already lost at least 2lbs :s Im right next to east ardsley in Tingley :D

I think the thing is with us women, we're never happy with what we've got! Always striving for the next level.

I look at your food diary all the time and honestly, those pictures you posted that I commented on, to me you look lovely as you are. There's nothing worse than seeing someone 'too' thin.

I do get that losing is addictive though, I'm addicted myself now, everytime I get off the scales on a wed night I'm on a buzz, that buzz lasts until the next day when the girls at work ask how much I've lost lol it is addictive!

Congratulations on reaching your target.When i reached mine i went through the same thoughts as you but then i felt that if i went lower could i keep that weight up.I mean do you feel as though you could stay within the range if you was at your lower weight?hope this makes sence.

Im right next to east ardsley in Tingley :D
Ay, it was either Tingley or one of the Ardsley's ;) You at the Tingley group? I use to go there many moons ago befoe I moved to Leeds. I agree 7.7lb is a bit low but NHS BMI definitely says 7st7 ok, but 7st6lb is too low! I'd say 8st is about as low as you would want to go, although I am same as height as you only aiming for just under 10st. Top end of BMI range

I go to the tingley group yes :), i think maybe id like to be the 3lb below target im allowed to be just incase i have a bad week and put on , so then im not likely to go over target if that makes sense, I hate getting a sticker then going over it i feel like i dont deserve it anymore lol. I do think i may be a little addicted to the feeling of losing I really enjoy filling out my little weight chart on the slimming world website and watching the graph go down :) guess its something ill just have to get used as i know i can't just keep losing and losing! x

I would check the SW BMI healthy weight chart in the book that comes with the starter pack - it is slightly different than the NHS BMI chart but will be what they use as their guidelines for acceptable.

I go to the tingley group yes :), i think maybe id like to be the 3lb below target im allowed to be just incase i have a bad week and put on , so then im not likely to go over target if that makes sense, I hate getting a sticker then going over it i feel like i dont deserve it anymore lol. I do think i may be a little addicted to the feeling of losing I really enjoy filling out my little weight chart on the slimming world website and watching the graph go down :) guess its something ill just have to get used as i know i can't just keep losing and losing! x

Maybe just need to make maintaining your new buzz?! :)

laura2481 said:
Hi- here is your way around it. NHS BMI claculator says that 7st13lb is still within healthy BMI range of someone 5ft3, so you should be fine to change this target (in fact NHS BMI calculator would let you get down to 7.7lb but thatis a bit low IMH)

Slimming world will go by the standard bmi chart which is printed online and in the choose success booklet as it is all done on the pda so you wouldn't be able to get it to accept lower than that as that is the standard sw one x

Back