Warm Shakes??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Traceyb, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Traceyb

Traceyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all,

Just a quick question re the shakes. Does anyone warm them up, and if so do you just add hot water or warm water? And what are everyones favs?

Just fancy something different tonight.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Banafell

Banafell Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.44%)
    Hi - the only shakes that I have warm are chocolate and choc mint - mmmm delicious! I'm not really brave enough to warm any of the rest of them up to be honest! I boil the kettle and 'click' it off just before it boils as I think adding boiling water to the shakes spoils the nutrient content.... good luck with whatever you decide! :)

4. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I warm my tetras up, I put the contents in a mug.....top it up with water and then put in the microwave......choc one is lovely! xxx

5. Traceyb

Traceyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies, I hadn't thought of doing it with the tetras.
    I have a choc orange one, I might try that in a min.

6. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    The only shake I have is choc mint and always warm! I boil the kettle then leave it for a minute to cool off and then mix - delicious!

7. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Im probably guilty of having my shakes too hot as I whizz them up with boiling water but Im still here! The banana one is nice hot, as is 1/2 hot banana shake mixed with 1/2 a chocolate tetra. Tried the strawberry one hot, managed to drink it but didnt enjoy it and wont be doing that again!

8. thinkingthin

thinkingthin Member

I use the vanilla one with my coffee. I put a little vanilla in a little cold water, whizz it up and then add hot water(and the coffee and sweetner of course) keeps me going and tastes yummy ;-)

9. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I dont like any of my shakes hot. I tryed chocolate and choc mint and hated it. But as others have said you can indeed have them just dont used boiling water as it kills the nutrients. If you like them though go ahead, remember this plan has to work fro you too :D

10. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I have all of my shakes warm - the only time that I have a cold shake is if I am in a restaurant and need to prepare shake with bottled water.
    I normally let the boiled water cool down a bit before preparing the shake. This habit started when I did a VCLD in January and I was always feeling cold - somehow find a warm drink more comforting/satisfying throughout the year.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.