**WARNING**Lipotrim packets confiscated at Heathrow

Hi all,

Well i'm still in Ireland since Thursday and dont fly back until Monday but since I was going back on the diet friday I decided to bring some shakes with me which was sadly taken off me by one off the security officals as I didn't have a medical cert from a doctor to say I needed them for health reasons.
I had only hand luggage with me and nothing to check in so that's why they were caught with me, not to worry but defintely will know from again. The security guy said he they would have to be taken off me as they were in powder form and they couldn't be proven to be what I said they were. So for anyone else who is travelling anywhere over xmas or at any stage, don't carry them with ya in your hand carrier cause they wont allow them on with ya. Lesson learnt!!:sigh:

Anyways felt a bit hungry as everyone is sitting eating a kfc around me so decided to log on for a bit of support as i'm blooming starving....

Hope yas are all doing great, catch up with yas when I get back, take care

The chemist told me that if you lose a shake, or can't get to one, that 200mls of skimmed milk is a substitute. I've done it once, with sweeteners and coffee, to make a latte and it was fine.
Sorry they pinched your sachets, I wonder what they do with all the confiscated stuff? My bet is they have the pick of it to take home.
I was flying back from Newquay last year and the womam security guard told me I had too many mls of liquids in my hand luggage. She went to take my Estee Lauder foundation, but I stopped her and gave her the hair mousse instead. There would have been about £22 difference between them!! I think there may be a method in their madness there!

You managed to get the crack cocaine through OK though ? ;)

J/K- cheesus what jobsworths ! You did well to stay strong there !

The chemist told me that if you lose a shake, or can't get to one, that 200mls of skimmed milk is a substitute. I've done it once, with sweeteners and coffee, to make a latte and it was fine.
Sorry they pinched your sachets, I wonder what they do with all the confiscated stuff? My bet is they have the pick of it to take home.
I was flying back from Newquay last year and the womam security guard told me I had too many mls of liquids in my hand luggage. She went to take my Estee Lauder foundation, but I stopped her and gave her the hair mousse instead. There would have been about £22 difference between them!! I think there may be a method in their madness there!

Thanks for the tip chick just had skimmed milk and coffee there now. I did ask the security guy what happens to the items and he said the used items goes to the trash but items that are unopened normally the girls take them or else they are trashed. Its ridiculous!! The security was cr*p, they were even checking mens beards as well, I never seen anything like it.

You managed to get the crack cocaine through OK though ? ;)

J/K- cheesus what jobsworths ! You did well to stay strong there !

Yes just managed to get the cocaine in without a problem :rolleyes:

Jeeze....what a nightmare,dont live on skimmed milk alone whilst away, have some chicken at least!!! dont want you becoming ill...take care! Caz xx

yeah, you'll have to eat I reckon if you cant get some until you get home! Try a low fat, small atkins type diet and you should be fine ketosis wise.

Good luck angel! :D

Never so glad to see a chocolate shake in my life, glad to be back on the wagon and rolling forwards, thanks guys

I just flew to Glasgow last monday with only hand luggage and thought about it. The pharmacist did not want to give me a medical cert. Instead I got the flapjacks, 4 each day, and didn't have any problem with security in the Dublin Airport.

I just flew to Glasgow last monday with only hand luggage and thought about it. The pharmacist did not want to give me a medical cert. Instead I got the flapjacks, 4 each day, and didn't have any problem with security in the Dublin Airport.

I think it was because they were in powder form he didn't trust what I said, not to worry anyways I will know for again

I flew to spain last year with about 30 cambridge diet shakes in my hand luggage suitcase.

They scanned my bag and told me they'd need to open it at which point i thought i was about to lose my shakes but what they wanted to look at was the water flavouring as it's so fine it showed up on the scanner as looking like water.

Think I was quite lucky as when the security guy asked what the packets were I said food replacement packs and he replied "like lighter life? my girlfriend is on that" and let me go on my way.

I was flying out of luton that time I think

I'm flying to Spain next week so I hope I will be OK.

We are travelling light with only hand luggage so I hope they are no jobsworths on security (I seem to attract them). I think I will put the packets into one of the LT carrier bags so that they can see what it is if they find it.

I feem to attract security guys like fleas, I must have that type of face!! LOL. Next time I am going over i'm getting a cert from the doctor.

Back